• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Good exterior cleaner?

trailshredder

Reaction score
I have some real stubborn black, moldy stains that won't come off. I have tried bleach, scrubbing and several soaps with no luck. Anyone find a good cleaner for this?

LA's Totally Awesome. You can get it at one of the dollar stores. It's the best stuff I have found for removing the black aluminum oxide streaks.

Mold

The only thing I have found to remove mold on rubber
molding around windows and doors is bleach painted on
with a brush and left in the sunlight. I have tried it all,
bleach pen, soft scrub, bathroom cleaners of all sorts etc.
I decided to try the bleach two years ago and I just need to
use it again in some spots so it works, but it need sun also.
Be careful of the fiberglass sides and decails. Make sure you
don't put too much on and get it off the sides with water ASAP.

Try 3M Rubber Cleaner. It comes in a can like paint thinner. It is what the dealers use to make the rubber look new! Put some on a rag and then rub the rag on the rubber.

LA's Totally Awesome. You can get it at one of the dollar stores. It's the best stuff I have found for removing the black aluminum oxide streaks.

Careful with that stuff. I used it to clean my camper 2 weeks ago. I kept noticing the run off was yellowish and attributed that to the color of the cleaner, NOT! It did an amazing job of cleaning right down to the fiberglass. Completely removed the wax that takes me two days to put on the beast. Worked great on the awning too, just be ready to re-wax whatever you wash with that stuff.

Back