• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

good clutch for 03 HPCR, heavy towing, 50 ish hp chip at the most.

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

was looking for input on a clutch for my boss' 03 HPCR. he tows heavy (tandem dually 32 ft gn hauling tractors) and at the most will do a smarty jr or comparable so I guess about 50hp over stock.

he needs a good clutch for not a lot of cash. he is the type that thinks OEM quality stuff is ok, and is looking at a carquest clutch. (also wont consider a brace setup on his 98 12v, keeps doing ball joints and other factory equivalent parts replacements in the front end) so any marketing skills put to use on this thread may get him convinced.

I personally told him OEM level stuff these days is barely adequate for stock power and towing levels.

oh, and he wants near stock pedal effort I am sure, always talks about how he feels old, and I believe him, since he doesnt care for driving the 98, even though it is straight piped and has a fairly hot fuel plate.

Mods: feel free to move to the hpcr engine section if you feel it would be better there, I just threw it in the dodge transmission area.

Back