• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gonna pull, teardown 6.5 from the 92

davo727

Reaction score
Well I have a real need to get the old 92 dually on the road to pull the trailer I just bought that is too big for my other street legal trucks( 1/2 and 3/4 ton).

Couldnt pass up a 20 foot +5 ft dove deckover with 2- 10K axles for $900.

The 92 has a bad injector pump and a 1996 date 141 block with #8 cylinder only 180 psi compression , blows a bunch of blue smoke along with running like crap due to the inj pump. Dont know how many miles on this 1996 goodwrench engine. Truck shows 177K on Odo. So im just going to yank it and tear it down and will decide on a plan after I see whats good and bad and if the block, heads and crank are ok or trash.

I didnt want to spend a ton on this right now as a higher priority is to get started building a shop on my land 25mi from current house, but I guess the shop can wait another month or 2 to get started. I will update with pics and stuff after I get it torn down. Would be cool if I get away with rings, bearings, oilpump, timing set, damper and reseal. Truck has a good NV4500 and new clutch and solid flywheel.

Hope this comes together and the 92 will be my construction and haul stuff to the property truck.

Dave

Last edited:
It might be helpful to others if you took some mesurments (ie: cylinder wear, head cracks, gasket problems) and some pics if you could. Might help others that aren't sure what is what. good luck with the rebuild.

Back