• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going to the SPAAMFAA Convention

tcosgrove

Recruit
Reaction score
Here is mine going to the SPAAMFAA Convention in Syracuse NY last week. I'm Haulinig my 37 Seagrave Pumper and a 1899 Wirt Knox Hose reel. It's all sitting on my new :hurray: 34 foot PJ Trailer with the hyd beaver tail, elec over hyd disk brakes and a 9000 lb remote controlled winch. Boy has this made my life easier. I grossed out at 30440 and got about 9 mpg.
I love my DMAX

Cosgr):hve

Attachments

• 20080730_1518.jpg
    20080730_1518.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 20080730_1519.jpg
    20080730_1519.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 35
Sweet trailer, been looking at one myself, how is the construction? Getting tired of the dang ramps, plus the thought of 12k elec/hyd brakes vs drum electric, well ):h

Sweet trailer, been looking at one myself, how is the construction? Getting tired of the dang ramps, plus the thought of 12k elec/hyd brakes vs drum electric, well ):h

The Construction is good. I do think they could put some grommets in where the electric lines run into the front tool box to the winch battery to keep the rain water out. So I guess I'll do that my self.
Like you I got tired of the ramps and the hyd beavertail has made my life so much easier:hurray: I just love the Elec over Hyd disk brakes they do the Job. Now all I got to do is sell my PJ 23 +5 tri axel gooseneck.
Cosgr:biggrin5:ve

How is the trailer holding up? any Issues?

The Trailer is doing well. Thanks for asking. It is parked now. The last time I used it was to move 3 fire trucks in a day for friends. A very long day.
I still need to get to doing the things I wrote about in the previous post.
Cosgr:biggrin:ve

I keep reading that the electric over hydraulic disc brakes is the only way to go on a trailer!

Nice looking rig(s)! :thumbsup:

This is the first I have herd of a hydraulic beaver tail thing. I guess back to more reading, Thanks.

Back