• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going to the Dragon, WHO'S IN?

Cowracer

Cognito Ergo Moo
Reaction score
Planning a trip to run the dragon maybe the first weekend in June.

Leaving out of the gateway probably on the 4th. Plan on riding 129, maybe the cherohola, then through Cherokee, and up through the park, with steaks, bakes and brews at the Texas Roadhouse in G-Burg.

Lets Meet Up!

Tim

I have never heard of it but looked it up.Looks like a really nice ride lots of turns eh?A site I was looking at also showed a radar enforcement map lol.Enjoy the ride!
http://www.tailofthedragon.com/maps_radar.html

Yeah, the LEO's (especially on the TN. side) can get a bit 'overzealous', which really seems strange, because people spend a bucket of money in TN because of that road. I know I do.

But on an Harley Road King, You can travel well within the speed limit and still manage to scare the shit out of yourself a good dozen times if you want to.

Tim

I noticed on my King that my 240ish frame helped to muscle that beast around lol.When you think you should pull more brake just lean into it a little harder.We have one road out here that I hit the frame on once kinda shocked me a bit!

my highway pegs touch down before anything else. Well, actually my heels do. I like it, its a good feeler for when I am running out of lean.

I keep good tires on it, though. Every year gets a new rear, and every other year gets both. Period. No matter how much wear is left in them (which usually aint much)

Every time I hauled that fat old king into a corner, its stuck, and I dont want to mess with that.

tim

Ya I changed tires before most others would as well for the same reason bikes just don't give you a second chance generally speaking-a little prevention could be a life saver!And if I couldn't lodge my fingernail into the tire then I didnt buy it as I liked the sticky soft ones.

i live 40 minutes away from the dragon and have never even wanted to ride it. Most guys that do that ride say that cherohala is a nicer ride.

i live 40 minutes away from the dragon and have never even wanted to ride it. Most guys that do that ride say that cherohala is a nicer ride.

Yep, cherohala is visually a much more stunning ride. Actually, the scenery on the dragon is pretty crappy, but I like riding it for the challange. I am all about hitting a good line and smoothness over raw speed.

The Cherohala lists as my second most beautiful road ever ridden. Sorry, but the Pacific coast highway had it beaten for raw take-your-breath-away beauty.

Check out these pics pf the PCH I snapped two years ago.

sc2.jpg

sc5.jpg

sc8.jpg

I got some good ones on the cherohala as well, but I dont have them on my site yet. I also like the foothills parkway. Not the most stunning ride, but I still enjoy it. I guess its the low traffic level.

Tim

Dragon is a nice ride on the Weekdays. On the Weekends way to many sport bikes thinking it is their personal race track....

Cherohala is awasome, wife and I rode it last monday:thumbsup: We ride it several times a year.

Tim, I think your going up around the time of the TN state hog ralley in Townsend TN....5th thru 8th of June if my memory serves me.

I am not sure yet if I will be around then or not yet....

Back