• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Going from Dex to Transynd - 3 Methods, which one?

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
I have searched the forum and found various methods to accomplish the switch from Dex to Transynd.

1. The Hoot Method - using trans pump and cooler lines to flush and fill w/new filter.

2. Drain and Fill - drain pan/change filter and refill with Transynd. Doing this twice within 5K miles for a 95% + transynd ratio.

3. Flush and Fill - dealer using their machine to flush approx 2 gallons of Transynd through the system to get the Dex out and then fill with fresh Transynd w/new filter.

I have 6 gallons of transynd and trying to determine which method. I'm leaning toward method 2 because of my setup at home....easier. But I'm open.

It seems method 1 has the most press on the forum. Any pros and cons to this or the other 2 methods?

Also, I am doing this at 75K miles, any problems this late in the game? I have done trans services, the first one at 1000 miles, the second at 5K, then 30K, then 65K.

Last edited:
I vote for number 2....I did a drain and fill with Transynd at 1500 miles and I'm planning to do it again at 50K. Less hassle for me. In your case, you seem to change the fluid fairly often so I would think this method would be fine for you as well.

I vote for number 2....I did a drain and fill with Transynd at 1500 miles and I'm planning to do it again at 50K. Less hassle for me. In your case, you seem to change the fluid fairly often so I would think this method would be fine for you as well.
I agree to use #2. You've changed so often that a full change is unnecessary and IIRC a power flush is not recommended.

I just did a flush on my last week the # 2 method except. I disconcted my return cooler line and with some heater hose going in to one of the used transyd bottles ran the truck for 15 sec. stopped topped offthe transmittion emptyed the bottle and did that 1 more time and clean fluid was coming out. I used almost 5.5 gals to do this. I also added the allison deep pan.

:hello: you could always call Mike L for some parts and a converter:thumbsup: remove and rebuild it and then fill it with fresh transynd and then you know you would be 100% transynd...

of course you'd have to throw more power at it afterwards...:hihi:

:hello: you could always call Mike L for some parts and a converter:thumbsup: remove and rebuild it and then fill it with fresh transynd and then you know you would be 100% transynd...

of course you'd have to throw more power at it afterwards...:hihi:
Excellent suggestion and no doubt you have a spare bedroom you would be willing to rent out to a fellow diesel brother should I follow your suggestion, as my wife's size 7 inprints my arse as I'm flying out the door.

On second thought it would be cool to wake up and see aligators in the back yard...:D

that's what friends are for...always willing to help out with good suggestions...:thumbsup:

and help you spend your money...:rof:

Back