• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMTDScan

Badaxe

Reaction score
I've got the cable, downloaded the software, but no license #. Not being cheap, just broke. Is there a "free" way to do this? Fixin' to do IP and such.

There is the free version to read the codes and sensors, you need the paid version to set timing.

Well I've tried to run the Basic Scan and get an error on Com 1, 3, and 4. During the Com 7 test there are no problems. Stefan Engh said, "If Com7 tests good that is probably what you should use and not Com1." So how do I do that? I was hoping to run the scan before digging into my to-do list, but the FFM sprung a major fuel leak today so the top end came off today.

Under the tools tab is a settings tab. Make sure you have the right Com port set.

Also in the Devise Manager in your Control Panel, it has to be set to the same Com Port.

Done. Now I just have to wait(not too long, only vehicle I've got) till it gets put back together when I get around to injectors, FTB, new fuel lines, possibly IP.

So it's finally back together and I was able to run GMTDScan Basic. Readings vs guages were a little off. Scan reads RPM 250 higher, 1 MPH slower, and boost about .5 psi higher. My TDC reads at -.44. What parameters to I need to be watching or looking for?

your tach is probably off because you have the wrong pulley on the alternator. your TDCO number is in the ballpark IIRC the factory specs are -.35 to -.75

Back