• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMTDScan Tech connecting problems.

hereismylife

formerly j k auto
Reaction score
I emailed him trying to get some help with this. I cant get it to connect to my truck. I went through all the steps 2 times and something is wrong. Who knows why this keeps failing. I am using windows 7.

Thanks.

Been a while I've done this but its important you get the right port on your PC & there is some write ups on the TTS forum if you try and do a search...

Yea I searched and got the drivers and stuff to get as far as I did. Cig lighter works also. Just has me confused. It shows the port it closed ect....being a pita.

You might have to into Devise Manager on you computer and make sure the com port is right. Happened to me once.

The first thing it will do is download a driver from cyberspace.

In my computer, it was done automatically.
If not, you need to check device manager.

Now, one thing to remember is that Stefan is in Sweden.
So he is about 8-10 difference depending on the time zone.
So if you send him an email in the afternoon, it will be after midnight over there.
He may not do any support on the weekend also.

The first thing it will do is download a driver from cyberspace.

In my computer, it was done automatically.
If not, you need to check device manager.

Now, one thing to remember is that Stefan is in Sweden.
So he is about 8-10 difference depending on the time zone.
So if you send him an email in the afternoon, it will be after midnight over there.
He may not do any support on the weekend also.

This is true. We will see if he gets back. I emailed him yesterday. As I was searching I found the link to do the driver. It looks like it installed correctly following the directions. Looks right from what I can see.

Then you have to reboot as in any Win computer.

Play with the connection screen because the USB is ported to a serial or parallel port (either one).
If the USB does not point to the correct port, it won't connect.

It has been a while but that is the general idea.

I have issues with my new laptop and connecting as well. This computer has no comm ports on it. There is four usb ports but there is none listed as comm ports. It too has Win 7. It took some time to get the program to load but finaly got that done and find the comm port issue. I just planned on buying an older computer to keep in the pick up just for the scan.

I have issues with my new laptop and connecting as well. This computer has no comm ports on it. There is four usb ports but there is none listed as comm ports. It too has Win 7. It took some time to get the program to load but finaly got that done and find the comm port issue. I just planned on buying an older computer to keep in the pick up just for the scan.

Glad to hear someone has close to the problem I have.....

Great got it connected but. Shows connected but NOT reading anything. Now whats wrong.

I couldn't connect. I called 1-800-india about this new-ish laptop and asked about the comm post issue. They didn't have a clue of what I needed or was asking. But on a bright side I got a deal on a slushy and two corndogs.

I couldn't connect. I called 1-800-india about this new-ish laptop and asked about the comm post issue. They didn't have a clue of what I needed or was asking. But on a bright side I got a deal on a slushy and two corndogs.

you have a NEW laptop with comm ports? I would think the manufacturer of the USB to Comm port adapter would be who to call...

The driver should have done it.

My laptop is XP, though. I don't have anything beyond XP in my house now.
A little ancient.

Back