• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GMTD Scan Tech

jhornsby3

Reaction score
Anybody near McMinnville or Newberg Oregon with the scan tech? I would like to check and set the time on the pick up.

John

If all else fails and you need to buy it let me know. I am a distributor in the USA for them now.

You want a billet stainless sink with shifter knob looking handles! How bout a little Perkins diesel for a garbage disposal? :hihi:

I can get you a nice gel coated sink in the color of your choice. And in 27 sizes to meet your needs. Want a cooler for your pick up console? I can do one in colors to match your interior as well. You'll have to get the Perkins desposal from Leroy seperatly.:D

So what is your cost for the program and do you have a way of checking my cable? I have an older cable and it is seen by my laptop but won't see the truck. I've tried to contact Engh but have not found my inner techie to figure out the testing procedures. Or anyone that can tell me how to work the dang thing with the basic version.:eek:

John

GMTDScan Tech license - $125
GMTDScan Tech license, bundled with ALDL Inteface Cable - $190

Leroy--is it possible to get one on a CD as a backup? I don't trust the computor or my abilities with the computor to keep from losing or messing up something that is just downloaded onto my computor.

Don

Yes, when the software comes to you, you can download it to a CD or flash drive or your hard drive.
Important: Keep the "key" that is emailed to you incase you need to reload it again later. I will not have copies if you lose it.

Anybody happen to have an older ENGH cable (07) that can tell me where the 3 position switch is supost to be placed? Or if you know what all three of the positions are, can you pass this info along? I have the older version and my laptop can see the cable. Scantech basic can see the cable but can't seem to connect to my pick up.

Thanks,

John

Center position works on mine.
Is you computer and the software running on the same com port?

IIRC the toggle is towards the tab on the plate that's at the base of the toggle.

I'm not sure what the com port is on this laptop. There is 3 sub ports and looking at the manul and there is no listing for com ports. Stephen said it should work with what ever com port comes up. I've run the test in all 3 sub ports and in both com port 3 and 4 with no go. Got testing instruction and it looks like it's not going to work at all. I get no power from pin m or pin e. Steohen said there should be 3.35v and when the interface test is run it should drop to 1.6- 1.7v. When the test is run there is no voltage. With it plugged in there is no voltage. Removed the case to check for a loose wire and there is black goop poured into the works. I guess so it can't be copied or worked on.

John

Got the proper loading procedures for the cable. Stefan got back to me and walked me through the procedure and it works now. And from the results shown on the basic version I am getting too much fuel and the timming is of by quite a bit. I guess it's time to sell the kids and get the full version. Or does Leroy take first born as payment? Hmmm!

John

If you get ready PM me your email and I'll send an invoice. Don't need any first borns at this time.

from the results shown on the basic version I am getting too much fuel and the timming is of by quite a bit.
John

What is the data you're talking about, what are the numbers? Were you having any issues before or were you just curious as to where your timing was?

I replaced the head gaskets and heads and now have an issue with a blue/ white smoke at idle or low RPM. If it's been run at speed and stop and it idles for a little longer that a stop lite it starts with the smoking. Not loosing any coolant and just the standard oil consumption. It has an odd sound to it at hwy speed. Rattles quite a bit more than I remember and starts with a nice cloud and rough till it smooths out, a few seconds. So I got my cable working and the fuel rate is at 8mm3. IP timming is jumping from 12.9x to 13.0. The IP is on the marks. Yes marks. there is four of them. There is what looks like a good factory type mark and one that is scribbed and two that are what looks punch marks that are not that square.

John

I replaced the head gaskets and heads and now have an issue with a blue/ white smoke at idle or low RPM. If it's been run at speed and stop and it idles for a little longer that a stop lite it starts with the smoking. Not loosing any coolant and just the standard oil consumption. It has an odd sound to it at hwy speed. Rattles quite a bit more than I remember and starts with a nice cloud and rough till it smooths out, a few seconds. So I got my cable working and the fuel rate is at 8mm3. IP timming is jumping from 12.9x to 13.0. The IP is on the marks. Yes marks. there is four of them. There is what looks like a good factory type mark and one that is scribbed and two that are what looks punch marks that are not that square.

John

Sounds like you may be getting air in the fuel somewhere.... judging by the rough running and plume of smoke at start-up.

I am sure folks with more expertise will chime in, but your timing also seems way too advanced... which will make it rattly.

I would start over.... Rotate your IP until the fuel solenoid is standing straight up.... re-run your timing learn and tdco, then adjust from there.

Yeah i just replaced the fuel lines and the filter manager with a Racor R245s remote filter to get rid of the leak I had. I'll get a clear tube to go on the return line this weekend and see what that shows me.

I never touched the IP when I did the head gaskets. All three times. Th only change was going from dot pre cups to diamond.

John

Back