• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L GMT400 parts 88 to 99 GM truck

This is what I have on the 94 with the elbow, without the silencer hole.

Does anyone know if the 2 elbows are the same except for the silencer hole?
flip the elbow over so that the small hole that accepts the CDR tube is up and post a pic of them side by side shooting from above. I believe the one without the silencer hole is for the older panel style filter housing, but a better pic of the two side by side will help.

flip the elbow over so that the small hole that accepts the CDR tube is up and post a pic of them side by side shooting from above. I believe the one without the silencer hole is for the older panel style filter housing, but a better pic of the two side by side will help.
I will try the plastic elbow on the elbow without the silencer hole when I put it back together.

Have to try and find what's leaking down in top of the starter. Hopefully before I get the starter back on.

leaking? as in an oil leak? for that area chances are the rear side of the valve cover will be the guilty party. the small dips in the shape of the head and cover area are the most problematic areas to get a good seal. if only GM had designed that area straight across like most all other SBC heads and not line the Pontiac / Olds engines are with oddly shaped heads and covers they would seal better.

when I had my covers off I noticed that those areas oil will pool up right up to the brim if the head where the cover meets and not drain out. its where the head bolts are under the covers. a poor design in my book.

leaking? as in an oil leak? for that area chances are the rear side of the valve cover will be the guilty party. the small dips in the shape of the head and cover area are the most problematic areas to get a good seal. if only GM had designed that area straight across like most all other SBC heads and not line the Pontiac / Olds engines are with oddly shaped heads and covers they would seal better.

when I had my covers off I noticed that those areas oil will pool up right up to the brim if the head where the cover meets and not drain out. its where the head bolts are under the covers. a poor design in my book.
Yep. I noticed that on other 6.5's. A very poor design

I'm not sure if it's oil or diesel.

Maybe both

I'm going to try running the lift pump with the key in the on position to see if I can get any diesel dripping.
Trying to avoid tearing things down too much more.

if diesel it's most likely the return hoses or that last plug on the #8 injector. you might be able to see in there better by pulling the inner fender out. also makes for easier access to the last two injectors and sight of that area of the valve cover.

The front return line had rubbed against the heat shield and got a hole in it.

Did I send you a light duty plastic elbow already?

I thought it was still in the house, but we can't find it.

I saw a complete K47, turbo to fender.

I didn't check for the mounting bracket.

Several rubber elbows of both types and several silencers

There's a K47 I couldn't get to. It's split open, I can see the top and bottom, not sure what else might be there.

Also found a couple Hummer wheel centers

Attachments

• IMG_20231203_162233.jpg
    IMG_20231203_162233.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20231203_162211.jpg
    IMG_20231203_162211.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 5
Did I send you a light duty plastic elbow already?

I thought it was still in the house, but we can't find it.

I saw a complete K47, turbo to fender.

I didn't check for the mounting bracket.

Several rubber elbows of both types and several silencers

There's a K47 I couldn't get to. It's split open, I can see the top and bottom, not sure what else might be there.

Also found a couple Hummer wheel centers
not that I'm aware of. the second photo showing the elbows, the two closes to the hummer center are for the panel style filter, the other three are for the k47. if you have a complete k47, let me know what you want for the kit. also for an elbow too. the box I have is slightly deformed with a repair done due to a hot turbo getting too close LOL. now that I will soon have a second truck here (once I get it towed here) I'll be on the lookout for one for it too :)

not that I'm aware of. the second photo showing the elbows, the two closes to the hummer center are for the panel style filter, the other three are for the k47. if you have a complete k47, let me know what you want for the kit. also for an elbow too. the box I have is slightly deformed with a repair done due to a hot turbo getting too close LOL. now that I will soon have a second truck here (once I get it towed here) I'll be on the lookout for one for it too :)
Make me an offer on the complete K47 shipped and it's your's.
I've been saving it in case I ever got another 6.5.
But I doubt that'll ever happen.

I really don't know what the complete K47's sell for.
I think it even had a good filter in it.

Too bad so many people trashed out K47's for cone filters or just junked them with vehicles.

I'm hoping I have another elbow here, besides the one, we have apparently misplaced. And the one in the complete K47.

I haven't looked for the mounting bracket yet.

It seems they might have been the same or similar to the flat panel brackets.

I know I made one many years ago when I had one that never got the antiseize treatment.

If you want, I can just send you a box of stuff and you can send me what it's worth to you.

Last edited:
The auto salvage here had taken a liking to the 6.5 diesel equipped vehicles sometime back.
I can check with them to see if they have any of the parts or components that You might want or need.
Thanks. If you ever see K47 air boxes, just grab them or any components.

Especially the mounting bracket to the inner fender. The little closure clips, the plastic elbows,

Looks like bell housing bolts and studs would be good to grab also

Alternator wires used to grab off various vehicles. Some are heavier than others and they vary in length.

I wish the local yard by us hadn't closed for COVID. It was there as long as I can remember. At least 50 years.

Thanks

This is the PVC elbow with the original rubber elbow for the flat panel filter.
Big anyone knows of a better elbow to use. Let me know.
I have aluminum tubing to make one out of. Just another thing I never got to. And probably never will

Attachments

• IMG_20231210_164405.jpg
    IMG_20231210_164405.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 2
Back