• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

6.5L GMT400 parts 88 to 99 GM truck

jrsavoie

Recruit
Reaction score
I have quite a few GMT400 parts here. $900

Near Clifton, Illinois

Mostly from a wrecked 1996 K1500 gasser Suburban

I recently bought a new fan clutch and saw one in the trailer that was pretty new, when I went to take pictures.

Some is a friend's stored here, some is mine.

We would be interested in selling it all in a package.

Or by individual parts.

There's a set of 16" 6 hole aluminum wheels off the 96 gasser Suburban

The trailer most of the stuff is stored in is falling apart.

The fuel tank is a 42 gallon off the 1996 K1500 gasser Suburban

I have no idea what anything or everything's worth

Attachments

• IMG_20221123_082804.jpg
    IMG_20221123_082804.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221123_083458.jpg
    IMG_20221123_083458.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221123_084304.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084304.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221123_084329.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084329.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221123_084333.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084333.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20221123_084348.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084348.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221123_084352.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084352.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221123_084356.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084356.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221123_084403.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084403.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20221123_084413.jpg
    IMG_20221123_084413.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 17
@jrsavoie the photo you have of the vent cover that goes over the wiper arm studs, you wouldn't happen to have the two end pieces by chance? both of them on my rig were destroyed when I had my windshield replaced while the center piece is still in good shape.

P.S. let me know what comes out on the k47 and tubes for it. Sorry I haven't gotten back with you on them.

Jrsavoie,

Would you happen to have the airbag arming sensor on the chassis under the driver side door location?If so I’d be willing to trade in exchange for new Bosch India injector nozzles.Many thanks
We didn't think to save any air bag stuff that I remember.
A lot more valuable than other stuff we saved.
dbrannon, my apologies for not getting back to you on the K47 stuff. I haven't been out in the shed much lately..

No worries @jrsavoie I'm in no rush. probably won't do anything to the rig till after this winter unless a sudden catastrophe strikes, which then it'll get parked until fixed lol. I've got some steering issues beginning to surface again! seems like every 3-6 months the steering gets loose, I'm suspecting the idler arm bracket is sloppy again as I have already replaced it 4 times now. if I have to replace it again I'm going deep with one of those RV style ones that use roller bearings instead of the crappy GM designed ones.

Were you able to find the K47 plumbing, mainly the pieces from the box to the turbo? I have a usable box that has some melting on the side but is usable. I just looked back over your photos you posted. that AC compressor and hose setup looks to be from the newer 96+ 6.5's unless it's for a gasser. I am looking to replace mine and move to a different style AC compressor some day. Mine used the R4 pancake style mounted on the passenger side. if can locate the bracketry to use the 96+ style compressor on the drivers side, I think that would be better than what I have or last longer than these pancake compressors.

you wouldn't have any sort of brackets to mount that unit and or know what you'd ask for them?

Were you able to find the K47 plumbing, mainly the pieces from the box to the turbo? I have a usable box that has some melting on the side but is usable. I just looked back over your photos you posted. that AC compressor and hose setup looks to be from the newer 96+ 6.5's unless it's for a gasser. I am looking to replace mine and move to a different style AC compressor some day. Mine used the R4 pancake style mounted on the passenger side. if can locate the bracketry to use the 96+ style compressor on the drivers side, I think that would be better than what I have or last longer than these pancake compressors.

you wouldn't have any sort of brackets to mount that unit and or know what you'd ask for them?
The 1996 those parts are off of was a gasser.
I will try to check out the K47. I'm sure I have what you need.

I have several K47 parts.

I'm only good for a few hours a day and don't get much done.

Currently working on jacking the 18' wide door header - with a 51' truss in the middle.
It's a 1970 building and the header is rotten. Replacing the header has been on my list. It moved up fast after I noticed it was more rotten than I thought.

I think this is day 4 on that project.
Just hoping to get it supported before it falls down

Would either of these elbows be part of what you need?
One has the silencer hole. The other does not

Attachments

• IMG_20231107_103310.jpg
    IMG_20231107_103310.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1
Would either of these elbows be part of what you need?
One has the silencer hole. The other does not
I think the one that has the silencer hole is the section that connects to the turbo and to the elbow which would go into the k47 box. if the other one is the elbow that one end is oval shape I have two of them, those are for the panel filter box iirc

only other piece I wil need to find would be the elbow to the box. I don't know if that was hard plastic or metal.

I think the one that has the silencer hole is the section that connects to the turbo and to the elbow which would go into the k47 box. if the other one is the elbow that one end is oval shape I have two of them, those are for the panel filter box iirc

only other piece I wil need to find would be the elbow to the box. I don't know if that was hard plastic or metal.
Elbow to AF is plastic.
No, You cant have Mine. 🫣😹😹😹
IMG_7995.jpeg

your pic kinda confirms what Jeff was asking. and now I can see the layout on how it's all mounted too. I think the one with the silencer hole is one piece of the puzzle. that one hole can be plugged I assueme

your pic kinda confirms what Jeff was asking. and now I can see the layout on how it's all mounted too. I think the one with the silencer hole is one piece of the puzzle. that one hole can be plugged I assueme
Yes it is. I have thought about removing the silencer on mine and plugging the hole to see if the turbo spooling can be heard better.

I have several silencers. I can send one if you want the elbow with the silencer hole.

I have at least one of the plastic elbows - that I plan to use on the 94 - and a white pvc elbow I used on the 94. I was going to replace it with the plastic 90 like in the picture.

Back