• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM-x turbos

Odlaw

Redneck
Reaction score
Hey Guys, anyone know what GM-x turbos are compatible with what years? I'm looking for a replacement for my 92 GM-3 turbo. I've found several 4's and up - just wondering which ones will bolt up to my 92.

I've searched on this subject but have had no luck.

Thanks
Smitty

GM-4 and up use vacuume wastegate. Put a turbomaster on any and they'll most all interchange with your 92. This may be different for oddball ones though, but I know 3, 4, 5, and 8 with a mechanical wastegate should work.

I put a GM-8 on my '93 in place of the GM-3 it had. Makes boost a little quicker, and was a bolt on install. Fabbe'd up a turbo master in place of the vacumn canister, works like a charm.
Don

Correct - all GM-X turbos interchange, with basically minor differences in WG actuator configuration: '92-'93 use calibrated spring-loaded actuator, '94^ use vacuum-actuated version - exhaust flanges match, downpipe flanges match, oil supply and drain match - however, -5 and -8 exhaust flow is vastly improved over all earlier versions, and compressor configuration is improved for greater efficiency

Just curious, Odlaw - if my turbo was shot, I think this would be the right time to go trying on an A-Team Turbo.

Failing that, it might be a good time to buy a used GMx off somebody like NVM (Leo) who just put an ATT on his truck.

Just thinking out loud ...

Hey Smitty,

2x on ATT you will not regret it, after a while it will pay for itself in better mpg, plus it's an all round better performer.

how close are you to I-10, you can check out mine possibly when I drive to Ms from waycross Ga next week.

Just curious, Odlaw - if my turbo was shot, I think this would be the right time to go trying on an A-Team Turbo.

Failing that, it might be a good time to buy a used GMx off somebody like NVM (Leo) who just put an ATT on his truck.

Just thinking out loud ...

It's for sell, BTW Jim who's NVM? Leo:smile5:

Back