• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM wireing harness

RD400HP

Reaction score
Does GM use the same harness for each one of its models. In my case I'm thinking about buying a 08 Chevy Express cargo van with very few options I have a 03 Express cargo van that I had to park that is pretty well loaded options wise would I be able to take the options off my 03 and use them on the other Express or is the harness totally different. I watched a Utube video about putting cruise on a van that didn't have cruise and all's they did was change the control stick and all the wires he needed for the cruise was in the harness already, thanks for any info that you can provide.

Mark

I doubt it. You could call dealership and get part numbers for the two, even if no longer available. Compare the part numbers.

If it's anything like the 6.5 you can ad cruise by changing the multifunction stalk as it's controlled by the PCM. Also my 99 had some extra wiring but I wouldn't count on it having it

Thanks guys I was just wondering since I saw the Utube Video about the cruise. My Express has heated power mirrors I wouldn't mind using if it was plug & play.

Mark

Back