• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gm turbo shafts

svein

Reaction score
So I miiight have ****ed my turbo shaft trying to Get it out to service it.. 😳🔫
I can source a gm4 turbo Chess locally. Does anyone know if the shaft from a gm4 would fit in my gm8?

cheers

At least the bushings must be the same sizes, unless there would be a difference in shaft lengths.
It appears that the threads on the shafts must be the same too as the wicked weel fits from 92 on up.

Have a feeling I it could be a match...but I wanna be sure before I spend the cash and take on the work of opening another turbo as well! 😂

Next month I`ll be getting the fluidamper for My truck then the next thing is going to be that turbo kit and the wicked wheel.
Maybe someday I might go for a bigger turbo, the biggest problem with that is almost all of My driving is in the 65 MPH range and that is right about 2000 RPMs, right at the very low end of the bigger turbos.

Bigger doesn’t have to be biggest. If you’re not crossing the 2,000 mark often, then an hx35 might be best. It’ll still outdo the gmx upper end and can light up just as early.

On a facebook site there is a HT60 turbo for cummins N14 for sale for $350.00. I dont know enough about the turbos to be able to tell if that would be a good match. Being it has that 60 labeled to it, probably be too big.
Eastern Montana Man Stuff if doing a facebook search but then have to join to get in, I think that's how it works.

That thing is sized for a 14 Litre displacement Cummins in a semi. But hey, get your 6.5 up to about 6,000 rpm and you MIGHT get that HT60 to light off, @MrMarty51 !

Maybe come up with two 6.5s end to end, call it a V-16~13. That might be able to spin it ? ? ? ? LOL
What an intake/exhaust plumbing and fueling nightmare THAT would be! Let alone what the hell would it fit in? (Hmmm, two front clips welded end to end on an extended frame for a seriously stretched nose on a dualie crewcab long box?)

What an intake/exhaust plumbing and fueling nightmare THAT would be! Let alone what the hell would it fit in? (Hmmm, two front clips welded end to end on an extended frame for a seriously stretched nose on a dualie crewcab long box?)
Might make a good unit for a motorcycle. :p 🤣

Back