• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

GM Bug Guard on LMM

rcpd34

Recruit
Reaction score
I ordered a bug guard from the stealer and it came in wrong (Tahoe). Sent it back and ordered it again. 3 mos later it came in wrong again for a non-HD truck, I think. Stupid clips would not work and scrached my hood & the guard was too short. Since I hrew the box away I'm stuck with it. Anyone have one of these that worked? Apparently GM changed suppliers AND part numbers.

Id go to a autoparts store like advanced! I have a 06 and I ordered one from them. They didnt have it instock but got it from the warehouse for the next day. Id order one after you buy it take it out into the parking lot and make sure it fits. :yesnod:

When I wanted a bug shield for my '05 the part number for 3500's was actually for a Tahoe. Of course didn't know until I took it home and tried to put it on.

Went back and had to order one for a 2500HD to get the right one.

I put it on in the parking lot to make sure it fit.....

heres the right part number. 19156923. there are alot of good parts guys out there but sadly enough there are more that think they know it all and don't bother to recheck themselves.

Last edited:
So true I had to correct gmparts direct about a part number they had.One e-mail said it would work and another said it wouldn't?I told them to post it on their site,I need to check back and see if they did- but If I was a betting man lol.

I bought EGR visors for windows and also egr bug guard, really nice.The bug guard used factory holes fit well.Just by searching on the net I found the bug guard 30bucks cheaper then most other guys.

Yeah, don't put those stupid bug guards on, all they do is add drag and look like crap. X2 on the 3M clear shield, looks better and has no drag. All those bug guards do is trap dirt and leaves, etc, and rust out the front of your hood.

Yeah, don't put those stupid bug guards on, all they do is add drag and look like crap. X2 on the 3M clear shield, looks better and has no drag. All those bug guards do is trap dirt and leaves, etc, and rust out the front of your hood.

Kinda like mine,not sure about all the drag it produces my 5er probably cancels out the bug guard drag.:cornut:.But hey if you like it and its your truck put it on:coolgleamA:.

slightly off-topic here.. but I seem to remember reading somewhere that a guy was having a lot of troubles with his windshield wipers rattling and other odd sounds when he but a bugshield on a nbs silverado

so, maybe you don't really want to have one on???

Back