• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

glutton for punishment?

iamdave0887

Here Comes Chaos.....
Reaction score
as if my 6.5 doesn't keep me busy enough. :p

I just bought this on sunday to keep the miles off my 6.5 as they are starting to add up, and i want that truck to last.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1184299149.html

3k83ma3p8ZZZZZZZZZ95m941e4e09ad54157f.jpg

3n73m73p9ZZZZZZZZZ95mf45e3258ec541c17.jpg

Not too bad for $350. It's got a new goodwrench crate 6.2 engine in it that is said to have less than 20K miles on it. 700R4, NP-208 t-case.

It's a pretty rusty(nothing some welding can't fix), but for a winter and beat around town truck it could be much worse.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a project where i'm left doing this -->:mad2::mad2:

Last edited:
as if my 6.5 doesn't keep me busy enough. :p

I just bought this on sunday to keep the miles off my 6.5 as they are starting to add up, and i want that truck to last.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/1184299149.html

Not too bad for $350. It's got a new goodwrench crate 6.2 engine in it that is said to have less than 20K miles on it. 700R4, NP-208 t-case.

It's a pretty rusty(nothing some welding can't fix), but for a winter and beat around town truck it could be much worse.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a project where i'm left doing this -->:mad2::mad2:

1985 Chev Diesel Blazer 4x4 - $300 (Oxford, CT)

Reply to:[email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
Date: 2009-05-22, 6:12PM EDT

1985 Chev Diesel Blazer might need fuel line, complete will take best offer
need to sell call this weekend between 9am and 10pm at (203) 217-3774

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Dave, looks like you have yourself a summer project. Good luck with it. I will have to ask you only one question why did you pay $350.00 when they were only asking $300.00 or best offer.

the scrapyard offered him $300 as it sat and another offer of $300 was made. I wanted this thing, my truck sucks in the snow anyways damn 2wd :mad2:, so i offered him $350.

Hopefully with a bit of body work, this thing will be good to go. I"m not looking for a pretty new ride, i'm looking for something that'll take winter abuse better than my truck does. ):h

there's one more blazer that the guy's getting rid of.

It's really rough body wise but it's got the 6.2 red block.

I'd take it for parts, but i'm having enough problems storing one extra vehicle.

Well she lives. the power steering pump was happier not living as it's squealing away. Little bit of blowby. All GPs seem to work as once i figured out my fuel problem it fired right up. I'm curious as to the state of the injectors however.

I think the fuel's at least 5 years old. It's red and stinks like old heating oil. I'm getting smoke from both tail pipes that stinks like heating oil gone bad, yet it runs on all 8. Any ideas guys?

The flowmaster's do sound nice on the truck. :D

you never know, it might be heating oil. but it started after 5 years. and that in itself is a feat. I'd try some fresh fuel, new filters and see what happens.

There must have been 20 gallons of heating oil or off road diesel in that tank.

after running it on straight marvel mystery oil for a tad bit(only about a quart of marvel mystery was used) i'm now trying to get fuel back from the tank after draining all that old nasty stuff out and dumping in 10 fresh gallons.

Not even my multi-fuel(heating oil/diesel/kero/jet fuel A) torpedo heater likes that stuff. It'll light but it won't stay lit and it coughs randomly.

In all this fuss i managed to not only drop my phone, but step on the damn thing and bust the screen. I just bought that phone around x-mas 08 too. :mad2:

Last edited:
Dave, do you have insurance on the phone?

unfortunately i don't believe so. i did find a screen on fleabay for ~$20. it doesn't look that hard to swap the screen, and the phone's busted either way so it can't hurt to try.

Heating Oil smells rotten normally. it's the sulfur. 6.2s run fine on it. Better as a matter of fact as the low sulfur is bad for the DB2. If it were legal to run heating oil the IP would probably last forever. You must run the standyne additve in it with low sulfur diesel.

hah... you bought a blazer

next thing you know, you'll be doing this

Attachments

• CUCV.jpg
    CUCV.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 15
  • P5240257.jpg
    P5240257.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 15
  • P5230219.jpg
    P5230219.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 18
  • P5230220.jpg
    P5230220.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 18
  • P5230223.jpg
    P5230223.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 17
That looks like fun!

Dave, nice looking Blazer! Have fun with it!

she may look ince on the outside, but she's got loads of rust that i've got to start working on once i get the motor mechanically sound. Trans shifts like crap, fluid's a nasty color. i'll have to change the filter and fill the pan w/ fresh fluid before registering it.

she may look ince on the outside, but she's got loads of rust that i've got to start working on once i get the motor mechanically sound. Trans shifts like crap, fluid's a nasty color. i'll have to change the filter and fill the pan w/ fresh fluid before registering it.

Yeah but, this is common practice for a Blazer that was sold for $350. You robbed the guy blind on this purchase. When ever I purchase anything that has problems running I always change all the fluids and filters. The way you are with vehicles you will have it looking and running like a champ in no time!

Yeah but, this is common practice for a Blazer that was sold for $350. You robbed the guy blind on this purchase. When ever I purchase anything that has problems running I always change all the fluids and filters. The way you are with vehicles you will have it looking and running like a champ in no time!

Thanks Marty. :cheers2:

I've already started some of the minor body work where it's not rusted through. The trucks' going to get the flat black treatment. it was Chevy Midnight black from the factory and with the sun fade the flat black actually matches quite well. The white door and fender will get hit w/ a sander and prepped up for paint this week sometime. it's the rust that bothers me to most. i'll get a picture of the back tailgate before and hopefully after fairly soon.

Back