• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plugs

6.5coalroller

Reaction score
Bought a new truck the other day... started hard when I went to test drive it so I figured I'd pull the glow plugs out have to change the manifolds as well. Here's the drivers side... I guess I oughta pull the injectors and see if the rest is sitting in the precups. What's it cost to get injectors rebuilt I'm trying to decide whether or not to get them done while they're out. The truck runs smooth once it's started just smoked on startup since the glows are shot. No idea how many miles are on them tho. It is a 94 3500 with 240k but the engine was said to be replaced at 100k. I bought it off the second owner tho and that was all he knew.

The rest of the glow plugs are going to be impacted in the pistons. They are already gone from the precups and out the exhaust or hammered into things.
This was due to too much glow time on OEM plugs esp while the engine was running, too much timing, or ether use.

NA it doesn't matter. Turbo you run the risk of one coming loose and taking the turbo out. I ran a NA engine 50K before we had to pull a cracked head off and looked at the impacted GP parts in the pistons including one that scratched the cyl wall bad.

Back