• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plugs

06 LBZ 2500HD

Reaction score
im not sure what code was thrown but i found out my number two glow plug is out, i found them for 22 bucks before military discount :thumbsup: but to make this faster what tools will i be needing, and is there anything that will give me more room to work with and which one is the number two glow plug thanks to anyone who will help

That's what we're here for.....:thumbsup:

When you have a minute fill out your signature and tell us about your truck.

any hints on getting my check engine light to shut off, i tried driving it for like 600 miles, and then i also tried unhooking the batteries, those havent worked yet so is there any tricks i can do to get it off or do i have to take it in, and if i take it in and they shut it off and the issue isnt fixed will it come back on in a timely manner?

You will need a scan tool with the ability to clear codes. If you have a local parts store you could also try them. I know Autozone will read codes for you but I have heard mixed thing about them clearing them. It's worth a shot if you have one near by....

Many codes will clear after 5 key cycles if they are corrected. But yeah, try Auto Zone.
Might think about investing in an OBDII scanner yourself.

ya i knw i have done over 5 key cycles and autozone said they dont like doing it cuz emissions will show that the issue hasnt been corrected, if i can get them to do it though and the issue isnt fixed will my check engine light pop back on or will it stay off, cuz if it wont show up if the issue isnt fixed ill take it in to someone to check the wiring and everything on it

Have Autozone read the set code. The glow plug code will be P067*. If it is a code for the glow plug I don't see why they would not clear it for you. If the problem is not fixed and the code is cleared it will code again.

thanks a lot bill that was my big question if it would code again if the issue wasnt fixed cuz i didnt wanna clear it if it wasnt going to code again

The codes are always stored inside the OBDII computer even if you clear them I was told. It keeps a log of them somehow. I always clear my codes and see if they trip again. After writing them down of course. ;) The thing I noticed when I threw a glow plug code was the dash light on start-up stayed on noticeably much longer when it was coding.

Back