• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plug wires under turbo

This one holds the two center wires on the passenger side - the stubby ones, as shown in the picture. It seems the only place it could mount is on one of the nuts holding the heat tubes in place but that just puts them closer to the heat. There is a clamp right below them but I think I put it on many moons ago to hold other wires away from the heat, but it hasn't been touched to take the engine out, so I think this one has another home, although I can't find it.

This one holds the two center wires on the passenger side - the stubby ones, as shown in the picture. It seems the only place it could mount is on one of the nuts holding the heat tubes in place but that just puts them closer to the heat. There is a clamp right below them but I think I put it on many moons ago to hold other wires away from the heat, but it hasn't been touched to take the engine out, so I think this one has another home, although I can't find it.
If it wasn't so cold. I'd pull the wheel off my truck and get a picture.

Even for being ceramic-ish, #3 and #5 on my 96 were deforming from what I can only guess was heat. But, the terminals were fine. Connectivity was good, Resistance was equal to the others, electricity was still flowing and the glow plugs functioning. In 2013 I replaced the harness with the set up from PTWiring Solutions. Bruce (racedaymechanic) stated he’d sourced a ceramic connector. These have held up but, I’ve only put < 25K on the motor in the last 11 years.

On Edit: I don’t know if he’s still in business or not (his website is down) or just doing ‘on demand’ stuff through other vendors.

Even for being ceramic-ish, #3 and #5 on my 96 were deforming from what I can only guess was heat. But, the terminals were fine. Connectivity was good, Resistance was equal to the others, electricity was still flowing and the glow plugs functioning. In 2013 I replaced the harness with the set up from PTWiring Solutions. Bruce (racedaymechanic) stated he’d sourced a ceramic connector. These have held up but, I’ve only put < 25K on the motor in the last 11 years.

On Edit: I don’t know if he’s still in business or not (his website is down) or just doing ‘on demand’ stuff through other vendors.
Bruce had some health issues.
Sold some stuff and I think he's pretty much retired now

Back