• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Glow plug relay in cucv

Bigred

Recruit
Reaction score
I replaced a non working glow plug relay in my dad's CUCV with part # GRP109. The new unit works fine except that we noticed after the dash light cycles off the relay stays on for another 8-9 seconds. This is after the initial 9-10 seconds. I am worried the glow plugs will burn out from staying on too long. We tried switching the small wires on the relay, this made no difference. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Check cucvelectric.com there is a trouble shooting guide on their site. Really good guy to deal with.

The glow plug relay MUST be the same as the one you removed. Something about the ground being internal i think.
Googling that part number brings ups ford truck results. There are lots of people on steelsoldiers who have ruined their glowplug systems using that relay

Go get a napa st85 or equivilent. CUCV electric is a great sight as well.

Also dash light should only come on when relay it activated & visa versa. Sounds like wrong relay as said or wired wrong.

Thanks guys, actually Steel soldiers site says to use this relay. but having doubts with the results I am seeing.

Thanks guys, actually Steel soldiers site says to use this relay. but having doubts with the results I am seeing.

I dont believe that. Read the FAQ,
Many people have destroyed their gp systems using a "ford" relay, the website posted is great. Or you can look for a NOS on flmv, or saturn surplus

Back