• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ghost in the machine

MBBOB

Reaction score
Back in May I was driving to work, about 30 miles into the trip I turn from a 2 lane down a slight ramp and merge onto a 4 lane perfectly flat road.
The engine starts getting loud, no knocks, just loud like the exhaust was falling off, checked all gauges Ok, then 1/4 mile later it shutters and stalls.
Long story short, broken crank, block etc.

Fast forward to now, new GEP long block, inj, balancer, and $$$$ later.

I have 1300 miles on the new engine with no problems except the first time I made the trip to work over the same route the SES light comes on at the exact location where the engine blew. Code 78 Turbo Wastegate Solenoid. The vacuum pump is gone and I now have a turbomaster but I left the solenoid connected to the electrical, so I assume false code no problem.

Two other times, the code has tripped in the exact same location as where the engine blew. I have been over hill and dale in the 1300 miles with no code or problems, and as I said this piece of road is flat and easy, nothing unusual.

My theory:

1)The dead 6.5 has a soul, and is attempting to "crossover" at this location.

2)This piece of road is built over an ancient burial ground and the 6.5 is receiving telepathic messages from ancient warriors.

3) I am telepathic, and every time I pass the place that cost me all that money, my butt puckers sending an electrical impulse to the ECM, tripping the code.

Any other theories?:ciappa:

Last edited:
If your butt shoots electricity, I'd buy an electric car and be done with the high costs of fuel. OTOH, if you want to keep your truck, Heath sells an exorcist module, which fits snugly next to their FSD relocator kit. :devil:

I think #2 is closest, but it isn't an ancient burial ground. The road is probably built over an old truck junk yard.

If your butt shoots electricity, I'd buy an electric car and be done with the high costs of fuel. OTOH, if you want to keep your truck, Heath sells an exorcist module, which fits snugly next to their FSD relocator kit. :devil:

I believe thats SSDIESEL who sells that. Claims it gets an extra 10mpg mileage too.

It's been rumored that UFOs can cause this kind of problem. You haven't noticed any saucer shaped vehicles parked nearby have you? Saucer shaped vehicles are usually a dead give away!

Back