• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gears

f419sr1

Reaction score
I was thinking of changing my gears to a 410. Hate to say it but my 02 ford would out pull my 06 gmc. Any feed back would be helpful. Im hoping it would increse my mileage and make my trans a little happier

Is this a Duramax? G80 differential?
Why not fill out your sig so we'll know what you have and can answer your questions.
Generally, the higher the number in a differential, the lower the fuel mileage

what? a ford out pulling a gmc? we need to do something about that. personally I wouldnt change gears when theres other things that can help the towing.. unless your running oversized tires. thats a different story

You will regret it, like someone said, there are plenty of power upgrades. I know my 01 will out pull my buddies 02 F350 PSD no problem.

Have you changed your fuel filter lately?

Seems like something is not right about that. Was the ford stock? 4:10 gears will not help your fuel mileage from what the 3:73 gears get.

Both ford and my GMC had the same done to them. Air intake 4" exhaust Supper tuner programer 115 hp (ford) and a PPE Tuner on the GMC. I also did the fuel rail shims because I was getting a low fuel pressure code. I have a boost controler on the GMC. My ford had 410 gears and both trucks have stock tires.

Back