• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gear indicators flashing

Sparky8370

Do chickens have large talons
Reaction score
I had this problem last year. It was the nsbu switch. It also makes it so it doesn't shift properly sometimes. The original was black and susceptible to water damage. The newer updated one is tan. I checked in here to see if someone already posted it and all I could find was this.http://www.dieselhaulin.com/forums/allison-discussion/240-allison-part-numbers.html

I can't vouch for the part number listed, but maybe I can find my receipt. When I had this problem I searched the "otherplace" and the part number I had found for my style was wrong. There are different types, so before you buy one look at yours. The older one has 2 plugs and the newer one has 1.

Try to find it at an allison dealer, they're cheaper there. On mine it was evident that the bad connection had caused it to heat up and kind of melt them together. I intentionally broke the switch itself to be sure not to break the plugs, I then carefully cleaned the plugs out. Take your time and clean them well. I used a pick to clean the melted plastic off each pin and then used contact cleaner.

I then coated them with di-electric grease. After I got them plugged in I sprayed the outside with a silicone electrical sealer.

Everything is still holding up well a little over a year later.

I just found the receipt. The part number 29540479 is the correct one. The other user that listed that number has an 03 and I have an 01. Your part number may be different if it's a later model. I forget which year they changed to a single plug. I'm sure somebody who has had a problem with a newer one can chime in.

Back