• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gear axle ratio

The oil cooler doesn't come out unless it's an aftermarket add on. The oem oil coolers for 5.7l 4x4 trucks was in the drivers side radiator tank. Light duty 4x4 pickups even with a 5.7l didn't get the oil cooler. It was an option on 5.0l and 4.3l trucksto get the oil cooler on 4x4's. I don't recall seeing a 2 wheel drive with a oil cooler. Many have went to the junkyard and gotten one of the 4x4 oil filter adapters without the oil cooler lines, and just deleted the oil cooler.

Mine doesn't have a separate oil cooler, it uses the radiator...
I would like everyone to know finally got ahold of the previous owner was dodging me since I bought it last week because of this oil problem, I even told him I saw the oil leak but didn't know the extent, I suppose you think I was mad at him or he had a guilty conscience ? anyway it was confirmed he knows for a fact that my gear ratio was 4:10 so I did order the correct oil cooler hoses
I was just like to thank everyone who had their hand and helping me out with this issue! Thank you everybody and have a great time Trucking

Back