• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Gasser Grunt

big block 88

Big Block 88
Reaction score
How many people are out there with there gassers runnin with the oil burners do to fuel prices and the fact that I have a 200 gallon detach tank, my sister unhooked the horse trailer form the LB7 and hooked up the old 454. Her truck is an 03 LB7 with Bullydog triple downloader, 135,000 miles and counting. Her truck is wicked strong and even pretty damn fast for a 3500 DRW. But she gave the 454 props fro the pull she made granted the truck has seen much heavier loads but it was her first time drivein the old girl with a load, all went well except the double plate clutch was a little to strong for her and she had a hard time finding 5th gear, I told her it was a 4 spd and 5th is a b*tch to find. So who else has a gasser still out ther workin breathin in that 2nd hand diesel smoke?

We finally unhooked. Been pulling the cattle trailer with my 6.0, instead of the dirty. Unhooked from the construction trailer, and been pulling with the old 460 ford dump truck, what a scary ride....

Dad's 98 in signature currently is running the show:driving:, the semis run only when needed, so most things are done by GM gas right now. (town runs in the buick (my sister's. gotta love the 3800, hauls a** for a granny car!) other runaround/light towing with my truck(91 in sig).

maintenance on the newer trucks cost more though, as compared to the IH PUs, but fuel economy, speed, and comfort are all better though. (kinda scared/POed me today, shelling out 130 bucks to fix filler neck damage done by blown tires (dad learned his lesson, new tires occupy that wheel position now!:D)

Kinda wish i still had my ol 6.0L. I'm running the wife's cadi escy and mustang back and forth to work (she's deployed...i.e. Kitchen passses are us). Only take the diesel camping these days, and that'll make you run to the hills:leaving:

Diesel is leveling off a bit though, gas isn't done, i don't think. if that is the case, we are probably taking at least one diesel truck out to Idaho this year. It might be a GM convoy! Dad's 98 and 93 GMCs and my 91 gasser.

got a 91 gmc, square, 3500 drw with a tonawanda 502, under 20k and over 60 mph it cant keep up with the diesels, but under 60 mph, and over 20k, it will eat them, low gears, 2 mpg, and a heavy foot make that bi*ch roll.

it is still cheaper to run our D-max vs the old 6.0. 17-19 mpg compared to 10-13 adds up real fast.

Back