• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Garret GTA3782D

Woody35

Reaction score
its a similar turbo to the 6.0 liter powerstroke turbos except not vgt just wastegated and it came off of a 7.6 liter diesel engine. the compressor has a .58 A/R and turbine has .89 A/R. ands its T4 with 4 inch turbine outlet snd .56 trim. Any opinions if this would be a good turbo for a maxed out ds4? according to the garrett model designations it has a 37 mm turbine diameter and 82 mm compressor diameter if i read it corretly

its a similar turbo to the 6.0 liter powerstroke turbos except not vgt just wastegated and it came off of a 7.6 liter diesel engine. the compressor has a .58 A/R and turbine has .89 A/R. ands its T4 with 4 inch turbine outlet snd .56 trim. Any opinions if this would be a good turbo for a maxed out ds4? according to the garrett model designations it has a 37 mm turbine diameter and 82 mm compressor diameter if i read it corretly
this is the one on ebay? if so it should work real nice.... right up there with ATT and CKO-40...
i looked at the one on ebay to buy, but the shipping is a little too steep to canada...comes in around the same as CKO-40...

yup its on ebay. I call dibs though lol. i cant find much info on it and the info that is on Garrett's website is for a GT3782 with a different turbine and not sure about the compressor wheel if its the same or not. ill probably try it and see what happens.

yup its on ebay. I call dibs though lol. i cant find much info on it and the info that is on Garrett's website is for a GT3782 with a different turbine and not sure about the compressor wheel if its the same or not. ill probably try it and see what happens.
it yours, anyways i dont have 2 dimes to rub together right now...LOL.. the only thing i dont like about it is it is t-4.... are you going to run the exhaust brake?

it has an exhaust brake? its just a regular old wastegated turbo not a vgt so i dont think it has an exhaust brake function but i could be wrong. Yes it is a little large being t-4 but both housings are pretty tight so im hoping it spools up faster then you would think for its size. I was also looking at the batmo wheel which im pretty sure fits this turbo and that has been said to reduce spool time so i might try that if it is too slow

it has an exhaust brake? its just a regular old wastegated turbo not a vgt so i dont think it has an exhaust brake function but i could be wrong. Yes it is a little large being t-4 but both housings are pretty tight so im hoping it spools up faster then you would think for its size. I was also looking at the batmo wheel which im pretty sure fits this turbo and that has been said to reduce spool time so i might try that if it is too slow
i never seen the inside of the exhaust housing, but it looks to me that the actuator arm on it is more exhaust braking than wastegate, but i could be wrong.... if/when you buy it, be sure to post up pics.... we have had that trubo saved in our ebay watch-list for the last 2 auctions...LOL

i saw a closed auction of the same type of turbo on ebay but a lot nicer looking and it had the diaphram style wastegate mounted on it running off boost pressure. it looks to be internal wastegate if it is. i want to do a little more research on this turbo just to make sure its not going to be super laggy.

its close to the same size as a HX40 so i think it should be close to the same spool up. im just having trouble finding the turbine specs. the compressor side has a inducer of 59mm, exducer of 82mm, trim is 52, and .58 A/R.

If it would stay around the price that it is now i'd say it's worth it to give it a shot.

Maybe i'll bid against you...

I'm kidding.

Back