• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FYI: Cooling upgrade - Current best buy

96Sub1500

Reaction score
For those out there not wanting to hunt a bunch of threads, here's your best buy on the 6.5 needed cooling upgrade:

Duramax 9 blade composite fan
1 of: ACDelco 15-80690 Fan Blade Assembly [Automotive]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$54.51

Hayden 4 bolt Severe Duty Fan Clutch
1 of: Hayden Automotive 2839 Premium Fan Clutch [Automotive]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$84.84

Item(s) Subtotal: $139.35
Shipping & Handling: $15.94
Super Saver Discount: -$15.94
-----
Total Before Tax: $139.35

AC Delco HO Waterpump 251-590 - GM 88894036 - 6.5 Diesels $50 plus shipping

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Good stuff, thanks for posting.

There was a guy this spring selling those fan clutches for $50 on ebay a while back. The wierd thing is they were coming from the same pigeon fart town that I am from.

That's a sweet deal on that water pump I priced from my local parts store it was around 240.00 taxes in. Only thing that sucks these guys use UPS however it might still be worth it even after brokerages/fees it will be under 150.00

the price comes up a wee bit for the fan clutch as they want to automatically charge me tax. Still it seems like a good deal. Ed
Items: $84.73
Shipping & Handling: $8.32
Super Saver Discount: -$8.32
Total Before Tax: $84.73
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $7.20
Order Total: $91.93

Where did you get the discount? and that doesn't cover brokerage fees for UPS it must be higher than that.

the price comes up a wee bit for the fan clutch as they want to automatically charge me tax. Still it seems like a good deal. Ed
Items: $84.73
Shipping & Handling: $8.32
Super Saver Discount: -$8.32
Total Before Tax: $84.73
Estimated Tax To Be Collected: $7.20
Order Total: $91.93E]

Never mind you are talking about the fan clutch I was thinking of the water pump thanks.

This is the AC DELCO fan clutch that is the same as the 2839
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C9FCZ2/?tag=jhuntlink-20
I used this when I did my duramax fan swap.
It is $63.74

Is that Severe Duty like the Hayden? I looked at that one first since it was cheaper but the Hayden text about duty and fan to shaft speed % got me to spend another $20. And before anyone chimes in, yes I know severe duty does not change the activation temp.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
amazon.com will not ship to Canada.

enter solution, If you get stuff sent to http://www.hagensofblaine.com/receive-with-us.php I can pick it up and COD it to you from Canada. I am 7 miles from the USA border. There is a small fee of 2.50 per parcel up to a certain weight. You could send me an interac email money transfer to cover their fee. Only thing is I gotta know before hand what it is and you'd have to pay any duty or border fees. there will be paperwork which I would scan and email it to you. I go down about once a week or two. I find it amusing that fuel works out to be about 1.05 liter and it probably originated in Alberta, here it is 1.40 liter. Ed

UPS only charged 17.00 on this one this makes the WP a really good deal local parts dealer 240.00. My cost to the door 107.16 that's considerable savings. Thanks has to go out to the OP for this one

:thumbsup:

You know, I was planning on doing this update to my '94 come spring time, but I wanted to use the 2000 model year setup that spins on. But the water pump price on this deal was too good to pass up so I got it all and will install it as I have time this month.

As of now, all the parts are sitting in their boxes in the garage, tempting me to work on my truck. Plus, doing this soon will allow me to flush out the cooling system good and replace the antifreeze before it gets too cold.

Fan clutch was 72.00
D-Max fan 65.00
Gaskets 23.00
stat 21.62
lower rad hose 42.65
RTV 7.00
Antifreeze 30.00

Total 366.43

It took time and patience to gather up the parts but this was a good mod.

UPS only charged 17.00 on this one this makes the WP a really good deal local parts dealer 240.00. My cost to the door 107.16 that's considerable savings. Thanks has to go out to the OP for this one

:thumbsup:

Back