• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel vaccum

pipelinetrash89

Reaction score
Ok guys, my truck died this morning and I checked the fuel filter housing to make sure it had fuel. I found out that it didn't, so I filled it up with diesel and she fired right up until it emptied the bowl out. So i filled it back up and it wouldn't start until I cracked the valve on the filter, and I heard a vaccum. It started right up and ran fine until I closed the valve and it died again and it was out of fuel. Is it possible to have a vaccum in the fuel system?

Yes, try loosening the fuel cap. Non working lift pump, oil pressure sender (ops) or a plugged tank sock could also be your problem.

I just changed the ops, and the lift pump. I loosened the fuel cap and no help there. But now it won't even act like it wants to crank! I have a new pmd in the mail on the way, with new injectors and glow plugs. So do you think I need to just change the IP while I'm in there?

Well I got it all fixed up. It was the lift pump again, I just changed it 3 weeks ago. This time I put on one from a 93. Well the truck makes $16 an hour right now, so an IP is cheap cause it'll make the cost of it back in just a few weeks.

Back