• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel tanks capacity

Could someone tell me how much fuel my truck holds? It is a 2007 CC short box LBZ, classic body.

Thanks

Warren

26 gallons according to the owners manual. I have had mine on E, low fuel light on and 0 miles listed on the DIC. From there to full only 23 gallons. :confused:

My dad put 19 in his 18.5 gallon tank on his car once. I don't think he'd have made it another block....

Only had the Duramax to about 23 gallons filled. It's nice that the new trucks have larger tanks, sucks with all the other emissions stuff, lol.

I think the most I've ever put in mine is around 22 Gals. The gauge is calibrated so it's less likely for people to run out... But, people still do....

I put in 25.2 gallons one time in my '06 LLY. Talk about chewing my fingernails down to the bone babying the truck to the pump.... YIKES!!!!

I've been known to follow a semi at no matter what speed he's running a couple of times when I still had many miles to go on a low fuel light.

I've been known to follow a semi at no matter what speed he's running a couple of times when I still had many miles to go on a low fuel light.

I've done the same before Mike when I have either been pulling the camper or empty. Pull out in some fresh air for a couple miles to cool everthing down and then get back in line. It really does make a difference IMHO.

I dont know if GM has a sender in the aux tank or how both tanks are tied to the sender but I can put 38gal in my 36 gal tank and 26 gal in my 23gal aux tank. Ive got 55miles with the fuel light on but didnt want to push it any further. i got skeeeerd

Back