• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Pump

HoytBows

Reaction score
Hey guys I have the bed off of my truck to work on some frame cleaning and wondered if now would be a good time to replace my fuel pump. The truck has 180k on it and its has never been changed. I run the Edge and pump seems to be working just fine and keeping up....

First question would be after about how many miles do the stock fuel pumps crap out? (ie should i change it now or run it into the ground)

Second question, is there an aftermarket pump that might give me more fuel pressure for the bigger tunes? Is it worth the $$? As far as tune go I wont be doing anything higher than Level 6 on the Edge....

Your fuel pump is on the front top section of your engine. Duramaxes dont have electic pumps on pick-ups. But since you have your bed off, it would be alot easier installing an AIRDOG II or FASS system.

x2 especially if you plan on goin big on power. plus the fass and airdog have the water seperators and filters on the pump.

Back