• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel pressure gauge

I should be ashamed but at this stage of life I feel lucky to get it ok. I poked the junction assembly with my volt meter until I found a good 12 v pin on when key is on run engine, and spliced into the cigarette lighter wire for a constant 12 v. I already had a separate ground for the boost gauge so that
took care of the 3 wires. It is an electronic gauge so it should not overload those circuits.

I know people try to keep costs down, but I went with the electric gauge on my pillar pod, cost quite a bit more but I decided I didn't want the fuel line in the cab, and running through the firewall. It definitely pulsates with my walbro, but interesting to watch the pressure under different conditions. Really like having a fuel pressure gauge, back when I had my Suburban I decided it was the most important gauge to add to any of these 6.5's.

I should be ashamed but at this stage of life I feel lucky to get it ok. I poked the junction assembly with my volt meter until I found a good 12 v pin on when key is on run engine, and spliced into the cigarette lighter wire for a constant 12 v. I already had a separate ground for the boost gauge so that
took care of the 3 wires. It is an electronic gauge so it should not overload those circuits.
Did I mention the boost and fp gauges are mounted in dash where SOME factory radios are? The junction asm I connected to is under the dash to the left of the brake pedal, just behind the parking brake mount. My radio is in dash right under the center a/c vents.

Back