• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel line upgrade.

Acesneights1

Reaction score
well I'll do an article. May not finish it tonight but I'll get it started. You guys from the other place have seen this and I won't take credit for coming up with the idea however i did do my own take on it. OK As we venture in the world of HI Performance with our 6.5s with Turbo boost and Chips etc ever notice how tiny the fuel line from the fuel manager(AKA Fuel Filter) is ? Well when adding more power and needing more fuel the IP can actually pull a vacuum trying to get fuel through this tiny little line about the size of a winshield washer hose. I nice low cost mod i to increase the line to 3/8s. I'm not going to get too techincal here about fractional sizes etc cause I'm way too lazy so we'll call this the for dummies version. Basically I removed the fuel manager, Cut the outlet fitting flush drilled it out larger(carefully don't drill too far or you just scrapped 300$ filter assy) Tapped it for a fitting, made a nice viton fuel line and then changed the fitting on the IP Pump to accept the larger line.
So, It's 10:45 PM...I'll continue this story tommorow night with pics. It's a nice easy mod and for those of us pushing more out , not a bad idea.

Feeding the beast. :)

Doesnt do much good unless you upgrade the inlet fitting on the IP. IMHO it was alot of work for no noticeable improvments. But in theory, if you are running a reflash/chip, more boost, ect. it makes sense. But still not needed for the 6.5's output. Again..my opinion.

The greatest improvement I did to mine was doing the relay conversion for the oil pressure switch and to get a quality lift pump. 6 years and going on the same OPS and LP.

While I am on the subject, the Optic Bump was a great seat of the pants improvement....and it was free.

Back