• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel level sensor for 2005 Duramax?

WarWagon

Well it hits on 7 of 8...
Reaction score
Can you get a level sensor of yours modified to read for the 2005 Duramax trucks? I need emphasis on an accurate 34 gal full reading as I fill the tank off the transferflo gal gauge with B99. (It reads off the factory sensor.)

Ive never looked at a Dmax sender. I'll try to find a picture on the net of one or maybe you can help and find one. Basicaly if its set up like the 6.5 senders it should be able to work, this assumes the gauge reads 0-90 ohm also.

Ive never looked at a Dmax sender. I'll try to find a picture on the net of one or maybe you can help and find one. Basicaly if its set up like the 6.5 senders it should be able to work, this assumes the gauge reads 0-90 ohm also.

It doesn't read the standard 0-90 ohms, I know that much. As for the OP, get a 3500 twin tank OS flashed into the ECm and use it to run your transfer pump. The ECM's in a 3500 cab and chassis truck used 2 tanks and the ECM controlled the transfer pump for it as the engine pulled from the front tank only and teh ECm transferred fuel from the rear up to it.

Thx for the cool idea. Although I am filling from the tote in the garage to the truck.
I think the 2005's have different ohms and are backwards like 90-0 ohm. I know the 2008's are anyway.

Interesting fact on the transfer pump ecm control. I wonder if that can be thrown into an EFI Live custom tune. I am looking at a titan tank and already have tank in my bed (dyed diesel but would be handy to use as a transfer on a long trip)

A PMD Cable draw straw/meter for Dmax would be awesome!

Interesting fact on the transfer pump ecm control. I wonder if that can be thrown into an EFI Live custom tune. I am looking at a titan tank and already have tank in my bed (dyed diesel but would be handy to use as a transfer on a long trip)

A PMD Cable draw straw/meter for Dmax would be awesome!

Yes it can be done, and has been done.

And the info I have for the DURAMAX sender is 40 ohms empty up to 250 ohms full.

Back