• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel leak

chessie 6.5

Reaction score
Finally got the engine back together and running after down 4 years....looong story; anyway, the fuel injection pump is dripping fuel off what appears to be the head of a small bolt on bottom about 1 inch to rear of mounting flange of pump. Looks to have, maybe a 8mm head. I'm familiar with the old 6.2 pumps after repairing so many, but this one is unknown to me. Is there a drain hole to allow a bad shaft seal to leak out to avoid the fuel getting into the crankcase like the old style pumps. Any other ideas? I don't see any leaking elsewhere; used an inspection mirror to check. Thanks

There is a weephole dead center under in the mounting flange.The housing has a seal in it on either side of that hole.prob the origin of the drip.
The bolt head you mention there furter back holds the internal tranferpump in place.there is no washer or 0 ring on this bolt,if it worked loose it'll leak too.(unlikely)

Back