• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Leak - Rear of Tank on Suburban

Recall seeing them as well when I searched for a replacement tank last summer. Went with the Spectra anyway as the reports seemed like they were from a narrow time period a few years ago.

Have you looked at the inside of your tank recently by any chance? Just curious how it looks and after how long...

Have not found a need to, so sorry, no feedback there . . .

One thing I did do was the sock removal and Leroy's pre-LP filter, but this was already planned for anyway and the tank replacement was a by-product of the fuel system mods (not the other way around).

I have a Spectra and one very important bitch I have is that there is no fuel baffle inside the tank. iirc the Dorman has one. If I were to do it over, I'd get the Dorman for that reason alone. The Spectra appeared very well made and plated and it was made in Canada.

When I did my tank sensor I found the tank baffle not connected to anything so it just bounced around inside the tank so I placed it back on the mounting studs and used sheet metal body nuts on the studs to fasten.

Perhaps, a good idea to cut an access hole in your rear deck for future tank sender r&r, p/m etc. a composite boat deck plate w/gasket will do just fine sealing the opening.

I have heard about the baffle not being in the Spectra - thanks for the confirmation.

As far as cutting the hole - not a bad idea for a pickup truck, but not for the suburban. It really wasn't bad dropping the tank again - had a buddy help me, and since I have rubber lines to the tank I don't have to mess with them until the tank is on the ground.

Back