• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel filter ??

Another thing... after looking at how the OEM filter system works.... What a DUMB ASS design !!! I almost think it's right up there with plastic intake gaskets and dexcool.

Another thing... after looking at how the OEM filter system works.... What a DUMB ASS design !!! I almost think it's right up there with plastic intake gaskets and dexcool.

How so?

Fuel comes in one side, past the heater, through the screen, through the filter and out to the ip.

Air bleed at the top, water drain at the bottom.

It all seems pretty logical to me?

Well from what it appeared to me...
Fuel comes in from the back goes up that tube where the heater element is up through the top of the filter (the filter has a seal on the inside of it and dedicates the fuel to go up and spill out form under the dome top) and waterfalls down in to the bottom of the housing just to rise back up and flow through the from the outside of the filter through the lil mesh screen thingy on the tube to just to drop back down to the outlet side..
A tad over engineering for something that doesn't need to be that complicated just to filter fuel...

Well from what it appeared to me...
Fuel comes in from the back goes up that tube where the heater element is up through the top of the filter (the filter has a seal on the inside of it and dedicates the fuel to go up and spill out form under the dome top) and waterfalls down in to the bottom of the housing just to rise back up and flow through the from the outside of the filter through the lil mesh screen thingy on the tube to just to drop back down to the outlet side..
A tad over engineering for something that doesn't need to be that complicated just to filter fuel...

Thing is, it doesn't just filter fuel.

It "screens" it.

It heats it.

It filters it.

It separates, detects and drains water.

It bleeds air.

It also is a transient fuel supply for rapid changes in demand.

To each their own. It works for me!

Plenty of other options out there too....

Back