• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Filter for a 6.5 Any body got item number seven on this picture?

New Wix filters come with it.. Although some have had problems with Wix 6.5 filters, I've had good luck.

This is for the obsolete filter assembly. Return the filter and get the new part number that doesn't need the old nut. They are not making the old style anymore that needs the nut.

PEP boys and AutoZone are still selling the older style, NAPA sells the WIX,

PEP boys and AutoZone are still selling the older style, NAPA sells the WIX,

And what does that tell you? :hihi:

Orielly and Napa have superseded the filter to the newer style. Even Fram has the new style, but, different design. Only reason the above stores have any old ones (NOS) left is because I don't shop there and ran Napa and Orielly's out of the old style trying to clean bugs up... :rolleyes5:

I like the new design because you don't have to figure out the filter rotation and the out side seal doesn't fall out never to go back in right.

I will see if I have one obsolete nut in the parts pile.

http://repairguide.autozone.com/zne...0c152/80/08/eb/eb//small/0900c1528008ebeb.jpgView attachment 39200

I bought NAPA gold filter that has the nut integral to the filter element and I laid the element somewhere and it went to another dimension or something, anybody got a part number for it or has an extra?
I have brand new ones on my shelf $11
This is for the obsolete filter assembly. Return the filter and get the new part number that doesn't need the old nut. They are not making the old style anymore that needs the nut.

Actually Stanadyne still is making them I have one or more on the shelf $25

Back