• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel filter differences

SnowDrift

Ultra Conservative. ULTRA!
Reaction score
The old style requires the original retaining ring
1710639178489.png
The newer style comes with its own built in ring
1710639345657.png
It looks like it actually comes with this new seal with WIX
1710640035762.png
I don't remember seeing a new o-ring in the Baldwin box.

Do both require a seal on top of the FFM?
1710639493210.png
I've replaced these a number of times and can't recall what is needed. I've used both styles in the past. Currently, I'm using a Baldwin similar to the one I'm calling the new style and I didn't use any sort of o-ring or flat rubber seal where the red arrow points. Is that a correct installation? Later, I tried again with the flat rubber seal and I am seeing the same results.

I have a leak at the FFM that I can't seem to pin down but it seems to be coming from the top (not the bleeder) so I'm trying to see if I've installed the filter correctly.

Following....

I too would like to know what the differences are. after the FFM on the 93 just randomly decided to leak like there was no tomorrow. it had the one with the built in cap and ring. I think it has an o-ring up inside the cap where the old metal style used a flat rubber sealing ring. This area is exactly where mine blew out fuel. after swapping the cap + filter with another one I had (used but still good) the leak remained and I bypassed the FFM with an inline filter temporarily.

This addresses some of it:

Not sure if I ever looked for the screen that is mentioned. Will check today though.

I think I will opt to back to the original filter design if I can find them.

This addresses some of it:

Not sure if I ever looked for the screen that is mentioned. Will check today though.

I think I will opt to back to the original filter design if I can find them.
If you find them ready available, please post a link

Back