• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fuel Economy Solutions

I've done it on gassers to. Tractors (gas) seem to carbon up more than road engines, so that's where I picked it up, from some old geezer. Now I am a old geezer :eek:lcoot: Old Flathead engines are bad about carbon-ing up too. I never do it to a newer high (8 to1 ?? and up) compression engines, or anything that has a reputation of being delicate. I think aluminum engines should not be de-carbon-ed with water either. :agreed:

I didn't want some one to come along and half way read into this pouring water down the intake of a running engine was a good thing to do without qualification. :D

It's the same as water/meth injection. I've done it to every single one of my vehicles or my families vehicles. Everything from a 1.6L Honda to the 6.0L in my 2500HD. They all quite enjoy it, if there is no difference, the engine was probably still clean :D

It's the same as water/meth injection. I've done it to every single one of my vehicles or my families vehicles. Everything from a 1.6L Honda to the 6.0L in my 2500HD. They all quite enjoy it, if there is no difference, the engine was probably still clean :D

Wmi is a little different than sticking a hose in the intake.

The flow rates aren't even close....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told about the "wet sponge in the intake" for preventing or removing carbon. I'm not going to attempt it, I've been getting the advertised MPG, 18-20 on mine for the last year.

Wmi is a little different than sticking a hose in the intake.

The flow rates aren't even close....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should mention it is the same principle in removing carbon buildup.

You put water in, water evaporates, creates steam. Couple that with some effect from flash cooling and you end up with a cleaner engine.

Not that sticking a hose down the intake is exactly the same. That's idiotic, unless the engine is 12L. I prefer to do it by utlizing manifold vacuum, which prevents you from sucking in too much fluid.

On what?

Tune is coming already done.

Not Heath, not Kennedy, not SSDieesel, etc. Westers did the initial .cal file, and given to me to alter as I see fit. Great guy, sent it to me at an outstanding "price".

Not allowed to redistribute it though folks. Please don't ask.

Not that I would anyways. It's just not ethical to do so with someone else's hard work that's been trusted to you.....

Going back to the vacuum waste-gate also.

Heath's PCM and Turbo Master will go up on the shelf while I test and tweak for both MPG and power.

We'll just have to wait and see where it goes.

Looking at the calibration file I was given reveals some.....interesting..... things.

Been talking with L from Westers.
Sez he misses his 6.5.
Seems knowledgable and nice.
Good to hear thier name out here.
Keep us updated please.

............I'm currently running around 10-12 mpg around town. I was wondering if there's anything I can do to improve this...........Any tips you guys can give would be great.Thanks, Adam
get a TDI, preferably between 99.5 to 03 with a 5 speed. get 45 highway, 35 town.

Back