• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

fuel additives

Duramaxx04

Reaction score
does anyone use them and if you do what kind do you use
i use Lucas upper cyclinder lube but looking to try something different to see if it makes a difference

I run Power Service. But not every tank...

what does adding in additives do? i know people put in anti gelling for winter months

I run Diesel Kleen..but not in every tank. It seems to help make it run better when I do add it in.

Amsoil Cetane boost,Diesel concentrate & cold flow improver in the winter
pricey but so far so good, use to run Power Service but don't like how it absorbs water & runs it thru the engine. With the Amsoil you need to drain filter.

power service
8030960.jpg

i used an additive that i got from advaned autoparts. it was the only one that said diesel on the front. cant remember what its called though....

I used that same power service coming up from GA (about 1200 miles) I put the max amount in every tank. I was towing a car hauler loaded with 4 truck beds and a cab. I don't know if it was because of the additive (which wasn't in the first tank) but I kept getting worse and worse mileage. I would have thought the first 2 tanks would have been the worst because of the mtns. I'm sure it was getting more concentrated, because I was putting in enough for a full tank each time and I obviously wasn't running the tank dry.

Power Service year round. White bottle in winter 8 oz every tank and silver bottle in summer 8 oz 2 out of 3 tanks. Done a fine job for me over 100k miles now.

Power Service try and put 4oz per 20 gallons something in that area not sure without looking.

Back