• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

frontpipe

kramer56

Recruit
Reaction score
OK so I have a cat back magnaflow 4" exhaust on the truck now, I think I want to go with the turbo back option now. For what reason should I do this?????

I have some credit on the xtremedieselperformance.com website sales person Kyle has my info but anyways, I have a cc truck so what do i need to buy with the frontpipe or downpipe???
Will it be a lot louder or not much more than now with just the kitty back?

Any part nukmbers available would be great?

Killing the feline will open things up... resulting in better flow, a little more power, lower EGT's, and yes... it will be a little louder. I will tell you that I have a 4" Silverline turbo-back system and I love it. Running unloaded, the wife and I travel all over the US in it and have no problems with noise. I only notice the exhaust sound when we're either in the mountains and going up a steep incline or when we're in a tunnel... and even then the noise isn't obtrusive.

Towing our TT is a slightly different story, but I've found that there are RPM bands where the noise isn't noticeable. It's as if the sound resonates off the front of the trailer and you get a little drone. Moving 3-4 mph one direction or another eliminates the drone.

I've kept my feline's dead carcass out in the shed in the event we move to an inspection state or KY decides to adopt inspections... but killing the cat is a great idea - I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

YMMV...

I agree with him ^^^^^!!!!

I bought my exhaust turbo back and glad I did! Getting the front pipe and deleting the cat will lower egt's and add a little HP as well. I have my truck straight piped with no muffler and I'm extreamly happy with it. It really isnt loud the only time you notice it is when you get on it or are going thorugh a tunnel like randy said. I honestly dont ever notice a drone. Even when hauling long distance theres a little but I get use to it!

The part numbers will very depending on what make you get and if you get stailess or not. I think any front pipe will work with your aftermarket cat back :thumbsup:

i am in agreeance. removing the cat is going to make a big diff. i had my exhaust done with leaving the cat, once it came off is when i felt the biggest diff.

And do not throw it away, scrap yards are paying upto $200 for a cat. That can easily pay for the front pipe and then some.

You guys that lost your cat; did you actually replace the downpipe that comes directly off the turbo, or is your system from that frontpipe back?

My exhaust is from the frontpipe back; I did not see a need to go to the trouble and expense of replacing that front downpipe off the turbo.

I don't think a (mass produced) downpipe is even available for the 04.5+ trucks with the VNT. The LB7's are a different story.

yeah you can get the diamond eye down pipe. it supposedly makes a little differance. but like anything else it is rounding up the 300 bucks for it. i will do it though after i do a few other things first.

ha just saw this, sounds like the guys have given some pretty sound advise, get it sound, nevermind. the pn# you would need is GMS9401 for stainless and gmal401 for aluminized. i've been thinking about the down pipe myself but imo there are better things to put that $300 bucks towards.

Kyle I talked to a Jeff from your place and he told me that a mbrp ss frontpipe, will this really fit my magnaflow exhaust? I will be ordering a egr blocker plate as well with the exhaust piece, but right your customer service team is trying to find out where my credit ended because when I returned some stuff I have a credit but they can't find it. When we get this issue resolved I will be calling you to see if match up to anyone else's price, lol j/k bud.

Back