• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Front end creak.

pc_renaud

Reaction score
The last couple of months my front end has been making a creaking noise. It will not do it when turning the steering wheel, but only when I hit a large bump or on uneven terrain that causes the truck to really rock back and forth. I cannot get the front end to duplicate the sound by bouncing on the bumper. It also seems to be coming from the drivers side . I have 93,000 miles with all origional front end parts. There doesnt seem to be excessive play in anything . Has anyone encountered this or have any ideas? I want to replace the pitman and idler arms and add the cognito braces ,also change to heavy duty tie rods. Will this help with the problem?:???:

Yea I just finished reading that thread about 10 mins ago , pretty scary. Probably should just bite the bullet and order the parts and do the job before something happens. It does kind of sound like its coming from the steering box area. I wanted to go with the Rare Parts extreme duty tie rods with GM pitman and idler arm with the braces. Do you think its overkill since I dont have a lift or large tires?

I personally think the stock parts with HD tie rods is the way to go and no braces for a stock height (meaning unlifted) truck.

Thanks for the input. D-max store seemd to have some decent prices on what I wanted.

I'll give that a shot first ,its a cheap fix. Come to think of it the wifes mini van had the same problem and replaced them with greasable neoprene bushings

I'll give that a shot first ,its a cheap fix. Come to think of it the wifes mini van had the same problem and replaced them with greasable neoprene bushings

Yep, or you can get the Measurements for your Swaybar, and go to Autozone, they Stock stuff from Energy.

Back