• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

friends jasper 6.5 bit it just out of warranty

oilslick

Reaction score
Had 65k on it and 25 1/2 months old. sound like it spun a rod bearing . I am looking for options for him maybe a 6.5 hummer take out just not sure where to point him. Its going in a 2000 k3500. The jasper cost him around 9500 installed with lots of extras that were due at that time radiator,oil cooler+hoses etc. Hoping to do it a lot cheaper this time!!!

I'm looking forward to adding my own testimonial in a couple weeks. I almost have my other project out of the garage.

I realized tonight that I'm the world's sh*ttiest vehicle owner. My other rig had every right to spin a bearing in protest. :nonod::(:mad2::eek::sad::cryin:

Good price on that engine, but holy hell 2 grand for a d60 14b combo...

Try and find one tested and with less than 40.000 miles anywhere for that price.

I don't understand your post? Good price followed by holy hell.

If you can find one for a grand let me know I'll buy two of them.

I've looked everywhere and that's the best price by far.

I've seen GM take outs with over 150,000 on egay trying to get 1,500, now thats for a fool and his money to be soon parted.

Any how I'm happy and would buy again unless this one doesn't get atleast 100,000 hard/towing miles out of it.

I was referring to the axles he has listed a Dana 60 front and a Corporate 14 bolt rear for 2 grand... (Average price for a D60 is 8-1200 and you can get 14bolts out of damn near any Fullsize GM truck for a lot less than 1000.00 bucks...

So what was the warranty. All the Jasper engine I sell are 3yr./100K mile warranty. I'm trying to find the phone number of our rep. to see if we can help him out.

I called jasper and was told 2yr warranty only and that it had expired!! Our shop buys about 15-20 engines and trans a year from them and overall pretty good except one venture van 3.4 that had a rocker arm left untorqued and loosened down the road 30 miles, rocker fell off, pushrod in valley,sucked it was rear bank, but they paid me well to fix it!!

Between 99GMC and oilslick both calling regarding the same powerplant......You'd think they'd be inclined to revisit the "EXPIRED" warranty issue.

Whats the original owners paperwork state......3yr 100000 mi. is that the Jasper "norm"

http://www.jasperengines.com/warranty.php

Seems the 3yr 100000 mi is on "GAS PERFORMANCE" engines.....and also tranny's and Diff's

Diesel seems like 2yr.

Customer ordered a teds 6.5 today you should have heard him sweet talking the lady on the phone . I will put it in next week and give you a review

Customer ordered a teds 6.5 today you should have heard him sweet talking the lady on the phone . I will put it in next week and give you a review

If you've ever talked to Margaret before, you'll know that it was probably her that started the sweet talk. She's all "Honey, this" and "Sweetheart, that". It's hard not to start doing the same thing back. I've had five or six conversations with her that rarely stayed on topic.

As I posted on the other place, I took delivery of my Ted's longblock today.

Casting:
Navistar

Date code:
0422L (April 22nd, 2004)

Compression:
1 - 530
2 - 530
3 - 515
4 - 525
5 - 515
6 - 515
7 - 520
8 - 520

Engine Oil Pressure at Idle:
60 PSI

I am trying to put together a parts list head of time to do the swap,I plan to use everything off the jasper motor as far as fuel system and engine tin. any tips welcome

He has the upgraded oil cooler lines he bought off ebay so I will have to source a new cooler any one know where to buy?

Back