• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Free printer dust cover

Thankful

Reaction score
I wanted to share this idea with everyone. I replaced my old Brother printer with a new model. As many of you may know the worse enemy of a printer is dust and dirt. Keeping it under a dust cover when not in use will lengthen its lifespan. I shopped for a custom dust cover but they were $20.00 or higher. I decided to use the plastic wrap that the printer came in. I cut about 8 inches off the top of the bag, taped down the corners to the side, and it works perfectly. It may not look as nice as a $20.00 cover, but it serves the purpose just as well.

Brother printer free dust cover_small.jpg

I look for aesthetic looking white/plain tea, hand or kitchen towels at the local 99cent stores and use them to cover our printer, fax and scanner. A good shake outside to remove the dust or throw into the laundry.

I look for aesthetic looking white/plain tea, hand or kitchen towels at the local 99cent stores and use them to cover our printer, fax and scanner. A good shake outside to remove the dust or throw into the laundry.

Yes, that will work. I used to use a towel on my old printer.

Yes, they work quite well, as long as you do not block the vent holes, usually on the sides. I find that they do not hold in the device' generated heat at all as compared to plastic/vinyl or canvas covers (Harbor Freight use to sell some recently, different sizes, meant for shop tools). Of course, if you turn off your devices (not my fax nor printer), heat won't be an issue.

Back