• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Freakin air filter fell off!

Thanks again Ashton! Wrecker got to the bottom of the bs asap..Stand up guy for sure! Thats a huge load off my mind....it could have been bad. Just installed an S&B intake tonight....see through lid is nice....I think I noticed spool up is a little slower but intake is quieter. I will get a little better filtration with the S&B so its worth it.

OIL

Had similar thing happen to me only the intake piece that goes to turbo (mouthpiece) was cracked ! I replaced with a metal one, hate plastic. Don't know how, or for how long but it cant be good. I'm waiting to get a few hundred miles on before changing oil again, so what do you look for in analysis in a case like this??? Thanks in advance

I'm new here by the way , GREAT site guys

Had similar thing happen to me only the intake piece that goes to turbo (mouthpiece) was cracked ! I replaced with a metal one, hate plastic. Don't know how, or for how long but it cant be good. I'm waiting to get a few hundred miles on before changing oil again, so what do you look for in analysis in a case like this??? Thanks in advance

I'm new here by the way , GREAT site guys

Elevated Silica/Silicon levels in the engine oil is indicative of particulate ingestion (dust in the incoming air).

Welcome, and let me know if I can help with the analysis.

Thanks guys
Where is a good place to get your OA at??

Always changed oil and spin on at 5000 , routine maintenance but never thought about checking for broken plastic. I do use my truck to work out of so it does get "used" but try not to "abuse" it:D Hope that no permanent damage was done. :sad:
Engine seems to sound a little more like a diesel now but that might just be me being paranoid. If you really want to hear your stock turbo scream get yourself a good crack in the mouthpiece and there is no problem hearing it spool up or down!

Back