• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Frame goo!

jim87vette

Gimpy
Reaction score
Hey guys I just wanted to make a comment about this stuff on the frame of my 08 GMC lmm.I had a 94 Dually and don't remember it having this type of material.I was under the frame the other day and was pulling myself around and came up with this tar-like substance wtf!What is this stuff ,is it the new type of rust protection?And it appears that the frames are possibly dipped in this stuff as I saw many drips.Anyone elaborate on this.What happened to good old fashioned paint?

it is what they use to coat the frames, and yes it does suck. comes off easy, as i am sure you found it on your hands.

So I guess you gotta be careful doing any high pressure clean-up of mud and such on the frame rails?

Actually that thick wax like stuff does a pretty good job of keeping the frame mostly rust free. It doesn't wash off at the Super Wash so I'd think it would be ok with a light pressure wash hit.

From my old notes...

Frame Coating maker.....
(Nox Rust X-121B) is made by the Daubert Chemical Company,
This product comes in an aerosol can and is distributed by ECP Inc.

ECP Inc.
Suite # 200
1333 Burr Ridge Parkway
Burr Ridge, IL 60521
Toll free (USA & Canada) 1-800-323-3521 or 1-630-203-6800
Via Fax # 1-800-409-5195
web site: www.ecpinc.net
Product Number: 178660
Product Description: Nox Rust X-121B

From my old notes...

Frame Coating maker.....
(Nox Rust X-121B) is made by the Daubert Chemical Company,
This product comes in an aerosol can and is distributed by ECP Inc.

ECP Inc.
Suite # 200
1333 Burr Ridge Parkway
Burr Ridge, IL 60521
Toll free (USA & Canada) 1-800-323-3521 or 1-630-203-6800
Via Fax # 1-800-409-5195
web site: www.ecpinc.net
Product Number: 178660
Product Description: Nox Rust X-121B

nice find Bro...glad you're willing to help out!

my frame is dry as a bone from the years of pressure washing...

too bad there aint an option from the factory for either "frame goo" or "painted frame".

on the subject of paint and goo, why don't they spray something on the front drive shaft to keep it from rusting as soon as you drive the first time...?

too bad there aint an option from the factory for either "frame goo" or "painted frame".

on the subject of paint and goo, why don't they spray something on the front drive shaft to keep it from rusting as soon as you drive the first time...?

The frame goo, which in fact is a type of hot dip wax coating, is much more durable than paint, which is why they use it. Even if the steel has rust on it when the frame is made (and it most likely does), the wax will seal it and keep it from further rust.

I just wish I could find somewhere to buy the stuff at. I tried a while ago and got passed off to a distributor, who didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

I actually like the stuff on there. When I installed my secondary Fuel Filter a lot of it came off in that area. The Diesel strips it off easily.

I don't mind it as it serves a purpose but man does that stuff like to get all over ya when your trying to do some work under your truck.Got a big glob on my head last night-rolled it up like a booger and gave it a flick lol.
Comment about the rusted parts -I noticed that as well and was wondering if they pulled the parts from an underwater parts bin.

i had that stuff on my 05 sierra 1500 it does a good job protecting the frame. it started gooey then after about a year or so it started to harden up a bit and didnt make such a mess all over your hands. i dont have the goo on this truck i wish i did keeps the frame lookin better

Back