• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Found Ya

GregAbell

Recruit
Reaction score
The only PM I had recieved was about Diesel Haulin but this place looks like where the majority went. With the filter over there listing this site as *************** it took a little bit to figure out. Where's that 6.5 forum?

Are they filtering it on the PM's. I have sent it to a couple of guys that have asked for it, didn't see any harm in that.

They posted that it is against site rules to send this site in PM's however I read the entire posting of site rules and it did not mention that you couldn't. My question now becomes: are there unwritten rules?

Over 4 years on the "Deserted Place" site and less than 80 posts - maybe that's why I had to find you guys on my own - were you guys only sending PMs to people with over 300 posts or something? I'd pretty much hang around the 6.5 section, and usually if there was a question asked that I knew the answer to, it'd already be answered! I know when I first got my truck, I didn't need to ask any questions for help - it was already there if you searched for it. That pretty much sums up why my post count was what it was, I guess - a TON of knowledgable people real quick to help others out (and it looks like the migration has been to here).

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I've added my signature and location, let's see if it shows up ...

The only PM I had recieved was about Diesel Haulin but this place looks like where the majority went. With the filter over there listing this site as *************** it took a little bit to figure out. Where's that 6.5 forum?

So, maybe they are reading PMs?:willynilly:

Over 4 years on the "Deserted Place" site and less than 80 posts - maybe that's why I had to find you guys on my own - were you guys only sending PMs to people with over 300 posts or something? I'd pretty much hang around the 6.5 section, and usually if there was a question asked that I knew the answer to, it'd already be answered! I know when I first got my truck, I didn't need to ask any questions for help - it was already there if you searched for it. That pretty much sums up why my post count was what it was, I guess - a TON of knowledgable people real quick to help others out (and it looks like the migration has been to here).

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I've added my signature and location, let's see if it shows up ...

I sent a few but it was to people that asked.

Itasca is the 3rd town West from O'Hare airport - on certain conditions, I swear they use my driveway to line up on their landings. It's a fairly small town (as far as Chicago 'burbs go), but we do have a pretty good industrial base (I know Playboy's distribution center is here, along with several other well-know companies). On a map, Elk Grove is North of us, Addison to the South, Wood Dale to the East, and Medinah (an even smaller town - think PGA Golf) is West of us.

The filtering I was referring to earlier, was in several threads I was reading over there, trying to figure out where everyone had gone to. The only PM I had recieved was an invite to Diesel Haulin; but like I previously stated, it looks to me like most have found their way over to this site - at least as far as 6.5 goes, this one looks more active, so here I am.

Back