• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

found a 94 C1500 ECSB 6.5L 4L80E. what is it worth, and does anyone want it?

GM Guy

Manual Trans. 2WD Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.nextechclassifieds.com/listings/view/304754/

I am trying to tell myself I need it. the part about the rust isnt accurate, the guy says it does have a little on the left rear cab corner. he also claimed the PO got mid 20s for fuel economy. (he bought it dead)

supposedly, the PO fired it up in the morning, went back into the house, and when he came back out, she was not running, and it wouldnt turn over. the current owner didnt know the condition of the cooler lines. I am thinking a soft, easy lock, hopefully just seizing, rather than turning, the main bearings, and one might squeak by with a new set of bearings and a good crank. what do you guys think?

and, since i would be dipping into a thin savings account for this, does anyone else want to buy it before I do? :)

I will probably look at it tomorrow.

I just dont want to see it parted out then scrapped.

on another note, there is also a 99 2wd diesel burb for 2500 bucks. pretty stripped, apparently no rear heat or a/c that they know of. I think rubber floors also

Been trying to buy one like that for 3 months but the seller wouldnt reply my emails.

The one I was looking at is white with red interior, had been side swiped. The CL ad says dies going down the road.... PMD

If I could get that one for 500-800 id haul it off. I want a full red interior and spare engine/trans

well, he is thinking 1250. motor and tranny still in it.

I am thinking the 3.08 and the posi is an add on? unless he is calling the G80 diff lock a posi, and someone special ordered those gears.

well, never did go look at it, and the guy said disassembly will start soon if not spoken for.

I wonder if cash will talk, and may get him down to 800 but I doubt it.

what say you tanman? need a ECSB 2wd? she would be a comfy rig for sure, and as far as your mpg project, isnt the electronic pumps known to get better mpgs?

I really want it, but havent had much work lately, so I doubt I could swing it.

c'mon guys, with high priced fuel, we got to save this truck! :)

well, I was the only guy interested in it complete, so either I took it for the asking price, or it got scrapped out. guess what I did. :rolleyes:

I am still young enough my stuipidity can be overlooked, because it was utilized today. 1650 bucks, and I bought it. got to keep all the stuff he was going to remove, so the virgin diesel bumper, and pristine bed get to stay put. it was 1600, but talked him into running the title through his name to get it cleaned up. (towing co owned it, sold it to his buddy the car dealer, who used dealer plates to drive it around, sold it to this guy, power of attorney, etc. big loengthy list to get it straightened out, so he was going to license and tag it himself, and take it off a couple weeks later, then mail me the title.) and bring it to the farm, all for only 50 bucks more (about 150 miles one way)

it is definitely unique though, the gears and the "posi" (G80) are all factory optioned. got Leroys absolute favorite interior, the red cloth buckets with the center console, all in good shape. got a extra PMD, unknown condition.

so, it isnt the worst deal, but it is by far not the best deal.

The guys on dial up are going to have to put you on their ignore list, as it will take a while to just load your signature.:D

Congrats!

yeah, need to take some detail out of the sig, keep the configuration content, yet shorten it.

I am glad I saved it from the crusher, not glad it took so much though. if it was a factory 5 speed, I wouldve gone to 2 grand! :)

plans of posting better pics? i like to see diamonds in the rough.

I would have scrapped it. I want cloth buckets in my 93 3500 and its dash has some cracks... The motor bed and bumper would be donated to me 95. The tranny and rear end would find a home in the 82. :rolleyes5:

Better off left in one piece. Ive been looking for a wrecked one to get most of those parts from.

1650 is kinda steep. but if you got it flawnt it. the stealer here would only give me 800.00 for mine. I told him H*ll no. then traded my gasser in on the ford. they were going to send it to the scrap yard too. my truck has no rust through on it. just some surface rust in some scratches.

good luck with your newest truck. saving these trucks must be a priority.

by the way my 6.5 gets better fuel milage than the ford 6.0 i just got last fall. by 3 mpg. that 2 wheel drive should get you at least 18.5 mpg. mine runs 18 in the city and 19.5 on the highway and I have 3.73 g80 rear end. I only run around 2100 rpm's though. most of my driving is rural driving all posted speeds are 55 here in IOWA.

I bet he can pull 22-23 with a light foot since it has 3.08 gears! Had 3.2x gears and 245/75's in my 02 4.8L v8 (before I went to 4.10's and 33's) it got 22 from stillwater Ok to dodge city Ks running 72mph and 24 back (slightly down hill for 300 miles).

He's got a grocery getter.

BTW the DS4 will prolly get better mpg than DB2 (maybe slightly but I bet the PCM can control out put better) but the DB2 can run off used motor oil and biodiesel! :D

just read through the owners manual, the original owner apparently bought it from his local dealer through a oklahoma dealer, I guess it was on the lot there. it was loved for quite a while, records in the manual up until the last 100K, then the tracking drops off to some receipts by the next owner. it got a new pump when it was a year old, IIRC it had 3 campaign stickers on the core support. the PMD in the glovebox has an inspection sticker, so I bet its an e-bay special. the pump was re-built due to missing, and it didnt fix it, but a firewall mounted PMD on a cooler did. money well wasted. hopefully, the new PMD is still okay, since the truck locked up shortly after, so when I get it going, leroy will be getting a call for the kit w/o the PMD so I can get it to the bumper.

IDK about grocery getter tanman, that would be lugging it! :) maybe heath needs another to add to the bonneville fleet? :)

this one is sure strange, no rot except for the receiver hitch, the u-bolts on the 10 bolt, and the cab corners. the cab mounts are fine, so I will venture to guess the old man running boards might be to blame for holding some salty road slop in.

I will try to get pics when it gets home, right now it is still at the guys place, awaiting some scab tires to be mounted.

it does have rust, but it was road slop held in by the old man running boards, so the cab mounts are still solid. other than that, it is a straight little rig.

Back