• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Folded my Tailgate in half...

HoytBows

Reaction score
So, dont drag two 3x3x8 hay bales off your truck at the same time, turns out your tailgate will buckle. I'm guessing it was about 16-1800lbs....

For the record it was somewhat of an accident, I wouldnt expect the tailgate to put up with that, but things didnt really go as planned!:mad2:

Does anybody have any good places to look for an aftermarket? I will be scouring the Denver metro area for a used one but I'm not sure how many there are laying around. Maybe GM Parts Direct will have one, I'll probably need to find the part number as well.

Hate when stuff like this happens, it puts a dent in the "go fast parts" fund.:nonod:

Hate when stuff like this happens, it puts a dent in the "go fast parts" fund.:nonod:
:agreed: Exactly...

Guess I'd start calling boneyards From Ft Morgan down to Pueblo

Don't know if LMC would have aftermarket 900 series yet.

A gmt 400 tailgate can hold a 4x4x8 1ton bale but not a 6.5l engine sitting on the oil pan. That was the same tailgate btw. It's all about weight distribution.

Congrats on the official farm truck lol.

Source Unknown

Ouch. My mom destroyed the one on our 03 2500HD gasser by leaving it down and pinned against the jack on our flatbed, then turning around in the yard. That was a $600 mistake all said and done...

I folded my old tailgate. When I had my Teryx. I was loading it with ramps and the cable on drivers side broke. Then the one ramp on the drivers side failed.

I found one in black that almost matched my truck for $45. I was pissed to say the least.

I also replaced the worthless cables with the bars. They are so much better.

Wish you luck! :thumbsup:

Back