• Welcome to The Truck Stop! We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your diesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • NO ADS! The site is fully functional and ad free!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!

Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Fog Lights coming apart....GM or aftermarket replacements?

Heartbeat Hauler

A(ACLU) Agent Yoda
Reaction score
Hey guys -
I took my wife's 04 2500 suburban in to get it inspected and the mechanic noticed that both fog light lens were gone! So I went home and checked my '01 3500 dually and both of my lens were also gone.

Is this a common problem? Anybody have this issue, and did you replace them with GM parts or did you go aftermarket?

Thanks!

Where did the lenses go. Did they fall out or broken by rocks. I would not use GM but rather get some CREE LED lights. They have come a long way in the past few years. I have some on my m/c and they light up the road better than any headlight. One way to look at it is the avg halogen light puts out 8-1200 lumens. One of my cree lights puts out 3000 and I run two of them at 30 watts each. You can see the headlight on in the first pic along with the cree lights on. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quad-CREE-X...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cc58072ec&vxp=mtr

Attachments

• P7226918.jpg
    P7226918.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
  • P7226916.jpg
    P7226916.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 1
Those are purty cool but those don't fit in my openings in the bumper.

The lenses are gone, I have no clue as to where they went. One of my lenses was half way off so I just pulled it off. It' slike the glue let go or something, I really don't know.

GM parts direct has them for 100 bucks each, but they are GM parts. I wouldn't mind replacing them with a better setup, but I'm not finding anything. You can't just buy the lens part you have to buy the entire assembly.

Definitely open to suggestions!

Back